Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

09 skis of interest? Mostly women's specific, but a few for the men.

Poster: A snowHead
I've been looking at the info on the 2009 skis, which are on the horizon, and these are a few things that interest me.......

Volkl is coming out with a WS version of the Gotama, as well as a womens version of the AC50. Both promise to be a huge hit!
Nordica is bumping up the waist of the Victory to 78(matching the Nitrous)
Nordica is changing the graphix on the womens skis, which never bothered me but seemed a bit dated. I think the new graphix will attract more young girls.
Elan is changing the graphix on the Free Spice YAY!!!!!They were truly ugly last year
Elan is adding the wave technology to a few more skis in their corral!!!
Blizzard is dropping the Eos, with the promise of a womans fat ski for 2010. The addition to the Blizzard line this year is the 76 waisted Viva magnum(womens), with a vertical sidewall and an all mountain audience as its target
The other Blizzard additions is a unisex ski..... 84 waisted with a system binding, that will promise to take the mid priced ski range by storm, but the name of it escapes me. sorry Embarassed

In the interest of some enthusiasm of my friend who recently started to rep for Hart Skis. I am extremely excited to get on a pair of Hart Twisted Twins.
http://www.hartskis.com/products/freestyle.php

Tell me.........what has your interest piqued in the 2009 possibilities?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Since someone has bought up 09.

From High Society.
are adding shorter lengths for the girls on the FRs. A new park ski to replace the old classic and added full twin snowboard.
http://www.highsocietyfreeride.com/High_Society_Catalog_2008_2009.pdf

From Icelantic.
Are adding longer lengths to the Nomad, Pilgrim and Shaman and have a new pure symetrical park ski called the DaNollie in 161, 171 and 181
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kiwi1, good God... looks like they were designed by the illegitimate spawn of Terry Pratchett & J R Tolkein
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
red 27, I agree that the graphix are a bit "out there" but I hear that Icelantic skis are quite impressive performance wise.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone know what the other brands are doing?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
kiwi1, For the most part I've been reading about the SIA in LasVegas and what the manufacturers showed there. Also, some of the 2009 stuff has been demoed in a few select locations here in the US. I have not had a chance to demo 09's yet, but I'm keeping my eyes and ears open.
Here is a link to NewSchoolers and the thread with SIA pics
http://www.newschoolers.com/web/forums/readthread/thread_id/342921/page/2/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
red 27 wrote:
kiwi1, good God... looks like they were designed by the illegitimate spawn of Terry Pratchett & J R Tolkein

Bit of Speedy Gonzales flavour there on the left.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowHot, It's like christmas this time of year when you get to see who's doing what. The EoSB will be good. We've got a good line up of Brands this year.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kiwi1, I'm spending a lot of time doing this > <
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Apparently next years AURA is gorgeous all red with a japanese influence I really wanted to buy a pair of these after demoing but they are like gold dust so I settled on the the Elan wave spice which is truly ugly I concurSnowHot, Sad and I think I made a mistake !

Maybe I should ebay although they seem a little better today I really liked them when I demoed but I dont know just not that fab ......... and I hate the orange swirls !
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
red 27 wrote:

I like it Very Happy

Much better then the next "racy" ugly stuff like the Rossi 9S
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kiwi1, Why is it with ski designers, that they forget that Bindings are going to be mounted on the skis, that cover up the best bits of the graphics? Puzzled
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen LS, The Free Spice was far uglier than anything else in Elans line up last year.

I would really like to see Nordica do more in the women's line up. As progressive as they've been, they don't seem to be getting into the free ski line up much, although the Expert Carver Nordica FireFox was/is the best thing I've skied in a looooooong time!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spyderman, an applied instance of the Bikini Doctrine.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman wrote:
kiwi1, Why is it with ski designers, that they forget that Bindings are going to be mounted on the skis, that cover up the best bits of the graphics? Puzzled

Seems that Nordica has done a fine job of keeping the graphix on the free ride skis away from the bindings.
http://media.newschoolers.com/uploads/cache/images/1200338844-562985-400x600-3269.jpg
snow conditions
SnowHot, I think they look better than the orange 70's swirls on my wave spices but at least no ones going to steal them they're so ugly Sad
latest report
Helen LS, I actually like the orange wave spice. How was your trip to JH?
latest report
SnowHot, Still there Wink another week to go I am worn out .................................................... this place is amazing !
latest report
SnowHot, .... hi stranger .... Laughing

I am greatly upset that Dynastar have apparently discontinued making my favourite orange skis .... the Legend Pro.

If it ain't broke, why fix it .... ?

kiwi1, .... I'm glad the range has been extended from pixie lengths ...... Toofy Grin

Looking forward to trying out some of those lovelies ..... Very Happy
snow conditions
Ok kiwi1 - dumb question of the morning.

Why don't the Pilgrims have a mirrored design like the others?
latest report
kiwi1, Are you the agent for 'Radical' snowboards? I have my eye on a 2.25m Surf . . . go long and really scare the crap out of the skiers Twisted Evil
snow report
PhillipStanton wrote:
Ok kiwi1 - dumb question of the morning.

Why don't the Pilgrims have a mirrored design like the others?

You are correct, That is a silly question this time of the morning. Very Happy I really do not know I shall ask the guys tonight.
ski holidays
Masque, no that would be Clive from Sandown Active Sports.
latest report
kiwi1, Hmmmmmmm £999.00 for a snowboard is 'perhaps' a little excessive
snow conditions
Masque, Whats that mate. None of my boards are £999.
ski holidays
kiwi1, Am i missing something, your link only has 2 skis. Liking the sound of the 187cm/104mm/23,5rad.
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
kiwi1, Am i missing something, your link only has 2 skis. Liking the sound of the 187cm/104mm/23,5rad.

No you're not missing anythong wink , HSFC only do 2 skis. The FR and the Classic.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 15-02-08 15:44; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
kiwi1, The Radical Surf is in 2.25M
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
........Liking the sound of the 187cm/104mm/23,5rad.

I've just bought a pair Cool
ski holidays
Helen LS wrote:
SnowHot, Still there Wink another week to go I am worn out .................................................... this place is amazing !

I trust there will be an amazing trip report with a lot of pics?
Have you met any Bears from Epic While there? Perhaps Bob Peters?

BernardC wrote:
SnowHot, .... hi stranger .... Laughing

I am greatly upset that Dynastar have apparently discontinued making my favourite orange skis .... the Legend Pro.

If it ain't broke, why fix it .... ?

kiwi1, .... I'm glad the range has been extended from pixie lengths ...... Toofy Grin

Looking forward to trying out some of those lovelies ..... Very Happy

Did you miss me while I was out skiing?

I too, wonder why they have discontinued the Legend Pro, but I can only hope they have something better in mind. Time will tell.
snow conditions
spyderjon wrote:
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
........Liking the sound of the 187cm/104mm/23,5rad.

I've just bought a pair Cool

Do tell!
ski holidays
SnowHot, Not met anyone I seem to have been a bit of a wuss Sad did my steep and deep and found that really tough with all the powder and then I have just had 2 days off as I went to yellowstone and chilled out the next day but my skiing was back on form today it felt really good Smile Smile

only 3 days left now so am planning on tomorrow and tues at JH and targhee on weds before flying back on thurs Sad Sad

and then booking my flight back for next year and I am coming for a month Smile
snow report
Helen LS, you need to post in the Get together area on Epic and see who'll pop up.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy