Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire (which model to chose)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to sort out ski hire before going away in March.
Skiing level - enjoy most reds unless they get too bumpy or icy, like to mess around when I ski with the beginners, (flat) 360s etc

So, from the skis availabe can you help me identify which package I need and possibly recommend any of the skis listed, to me these names mean nothing and yes I know some of them are probably the ladies models.

The ski hire shops offer standard skis €77 for 6 days, if you chose in advance:
    Rossi Zenith Z9 Ti oversize
    Dynastar Contact-RL
    Atomic Metron 9
    Dyna Exclusive
    Rossi Passion 1 silver

Premium €87:
    Dyna Legend 4800
    Head IM 78 Track
    Atomic Nomad Whiteout

Other shops have Intermediate:
e.g Dynastar D'stinct €68
or
Adanced:
e.g Scott CS & S10 €93

BTW I quite like the idea of something wth twin tips, but not a full on freestyle ski. Last year I had some Rossi Bandit B2s which I really liked Embarassed
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have decided not to worry any more. Ski what you're given, if you don't like them, change them.

Last trip started out on Dynastar contact 8's. Went back and asked for something with edges. Got Head Supershape Magnums 163 Smile but still not happy, changed up to 170 cm Very Happy Very Happy and got them waxed when I wanted.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
zebedee, Of the skis you've listed, I've tried the Rossi Z9's, great skis on piste with the occasional off-piste, really quick, fantastic edge grip, prefer short radius. Atomic Metron 9, didn't like them at all and very heavy, maybe I just overpowered them, but they just didn't seem to have much edge grip, didn't think much of the Metron 10's either. The Legend 4800's are very versatile, 50/50 on/off-piste, they replaced the old Intuitive 74's which was one of my favourite skis a few years back.
Good thing about rental as doctor_eeyore, say's if you don't like them, take them back and swap.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for the advice - just want to avoid opting for the cheapest and then having a cr@ppy pair of skis all week, or choosing the most expensive but not getting extra benefit from them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
zebedee,

I rented a pair of Legend 4800s a couple of years back: they struck me as a good all-round ski (Winter Park: some groomers, some bumps and some powder)
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
which resort you going to ?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Meribel
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go to the shop with the biggest selection and try them all. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am associated with the ski hire business here in Whistler, and am surprised at how often brits/europeans ask these questions. Go to the shop, talk to rep, try what they recommend, because they know current conditions, and after talking to you, what kind of skiing you are going to do. If you don't like them, or even if you do, go back and try a different pair the next day, keep doing so until for find one you really like.
Or, maybe it dumps later in the week, go back and get some fatter skis, here in Whistler ( well at the ski shop I deal with ) this service is at no extra charge. I guess in europe it's different? you hire one ski for the whole time??

edit: sorry forgot to add. as to OP, I own the rossignol zenith z9, and absolutely love them on-piste, give them a try
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy