Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ever fancied skiing a first descent?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Yayamari (6049m) in the Cordillera Vilcanota range in Peru
First descents of mountains are normally the preserve of celebrity mountain guides and pro-skiers. And, as time goes on, there are less and less first descents left to ski. Now, though, there’s a chance to join Rémy Lécluse for the 'First Ski Descent of Yayamari' (6049m) in the Peruvian Andes. Rémy Lécluse is a professional High Mountain Guide, based in Chamonix, France. He has 20 years’ guiding experience world-wide, and over 500 extreme descents under his belt. Now, Mountain Tracks are offering a small group of recreational skiers and mountaineers the chance to join him for this 21-day trip at the end of May.
...Rémy’s proposed route of ascent and descent is the NW route which is technically similar to a Mt Blanc ascent (via the Gouter ridge) with a maximum gradient of 35°-40°. As such the trip is suitable for anyone with previous ski touring experience - Haute Route, Ski Mont Blanc or similar - and familiarity with basic mountaineering skills.

For more information and to register your interest contact:
Chris Parks: chris@mountaintracks.co.uk and see: http://www.mountaintracks.co.uk/summer/expeditions/yayamari
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Come on we have to have a Snowheads representation!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skied with Remy a couple of times. Top guy. If I had the money I'd do it...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Interesting trip and I await the TR.

There are still first descents to be done in the Alps and some are not that difficult.

Of course some first descents turn out not to be as as skiers remember that they skied the same route a generation or so before.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy