Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Heli-skiing - Cervinia

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So Lars, the Mountain Penguin decided to unilaterally reserve a couple of drops in Cervinia on the basis that there'd been a decent dump and the weather conditions were propitious. He was kind enough to offer a couple of seats to us.

What an excellent day.

Tipped up in Crevinia and joined a bunch of parties using a nicely kitted Eurocopter. Very good value for money and all very smooth.

Drop one was a little disappointing. I discovered that the bronchitis that the Chamonix hospital had nicely treated the week before before it triggered a full on Asthma attack was still impairing oxygen transport so that that, the cold and the altitude meant skiing the windblown powder, wind crust, breakable crust and ice was less than flattering. The gits on the snowboards had an easy and fun time of it. ((and yes, I know my legs are too close together ...and no, I'm not leaning into the hill it's just the angle of the picture)

So Lars suggested we try the "tete (de quelque chose)" - otherwise known as the "tete". A longer uplift and a few bumps later we arrived above a glacier leading down into Zermatt. Well the scenery was fantastic...

The snow was pretty darn excellent too...(compacted powder)

And Lars even got to tell his favourite fishing story...(honest, it was this big)

We ended up with a well deserved lunch in a pretty little restaurant.

Just a pity the snowboarders had to traverse a good >1hr out at the end ... poor snowboarders
Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks most excellent Smile but sorry to hear about the bronchitis / asthma - not good.

Are those those B4s that you hate so much?

Strangely enough, I can't angle the laptop monitor at any position to not make you lean into the hill. Must be an "optical illusion" wink (I'm just jealous.)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
PhillipStanton, yep, the same B4s. Ugh.

The viewing angle reallly needs a 3D display, which I assume you haven't got yet? Try www.imax-in-your-living-room.com... wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
So, what you're saying is that you were feeling crock, on skis you hate and weren't leaning into the hill.

You, sir, are a better man than I. But we knew that. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Looks nice. I skied there about three centuries ago (1993)... got one of my favorite pictures there: http://www.biglines.com/photosv2/2006/09/120x120/biglines_65326.jpg
I hope to do something similar next week!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BigDaddy, nice!

PhillipStanton, err, yes, that'd be about right!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy