Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bansko, Bulgaria - Anybody been? any good local knowledge?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

We are off to Bansko 9th March for 1 week and are staying in a friends apartment which is apparently nearing completion Wink. This will be our first skiing holiday and was wondering if anyone has been and if there are any recommended ski schools, bars, restuarants and things that you wish you had known about before you arrived! We do not have any transfers booked from Sofia so what is the best and most cost effective way to get 5 people to the resort??

What are the slopes like? Will there be any snow as I understand its rather late season for Bulgaria??

Cheers Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The White Stuff, welcome to snowHeads. I've never been to Bulgaria, but there are peeps here who have so hopefully one will be along soon. In the meantime try a forum search to see if anything of interest comes up.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The White Stuff, Hi, I went to Bansko last March on that week. Snow was bad all over last year but I still loved it, first time snowboarding.

Everything was still open even with the dodgy season, haven't checked the snow outthere this year but must be better than last so would have thought you'd be fine in March. Town can be a bit like a building site but easy to look past that.

Lots of stray dogs hang about, at the bottom of the gondola etc, but they just sleep and dont bother the people

Spent quite a few nights at the Happy Bar , think thats the name, singing and skysports, food, nice friendly place and not far from the gondola

I booked through crystal and found my instructor very good, after 4 hours in a group I was happy going down blues and the odd red (slowly)

not going back this year due to a friend who been twice now and didnt fancy it a 3rd time.

anyway last year, slopes lower down not amazing, bit icy on practice slopes, but once higher up it was really good, really quiet slopes alot of the time, pretty wide

could probably write forever so i'll stop for now

few silly vids so you can get idea of how it was last march

http://youtube.com/v/3VDC8FjJyI0

http://youtube.com/v/1kT6FTVFMzM
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check out skidvd.co.uk or bulgariaski.com, loads and loads of info on both.

Bankso is pretty cool, been there a few times. As I say, check skidvd, prob the better of the 2 sites.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Daughter in Borovets at the moment. Apparently they have the best snow for 15 years so I presume it applies to Bankso as well. Very Happy
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all replies!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy