Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bandit B4

Poster: A snowHead
Too fat

Too straight

Too soft

Too dull

(Conditions: powder, windpacked powder, breakable crust, spring snow, ice, piste)

I hate to blame my tools, but they did nothing well. Yuck.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a pair of 178cm B4s. The first thing I did was put a 2 degree side bevel on them. That helped their groomer performance at higher speeds but they still feel like 2x4s at slow speeds....they are definitely too damp. In light powder they are mediocre but do okay; a bigger more-upturned tip would be a great improvement over the flat one they have now.

Where they shine is in heavy wet powder and spring corn. They are very stable and don't get thrown around, probably because of the flat tip which hampers them in light snow and there heavy dampening which makes them boring on groomers. My B4s have become a niche ski in my quiver but I am very happy with them in that niche. I definitely won't want them for my everyday ski or my main powder ski but I know many skiers that have them for that and love them.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
David Murdoch, B3's are better, but Dynastars are better still.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i'd generally agree with that review. hired some a couple of seasons ago and really thought they sucked. they were rentals and it was the end of the season so i was wondering whether the (foam) core had died
skis that shape can be a lot of fun though
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I denied someone a job as a ski salesperson last year because he skied on a pair. How could he be trusted to choose the right ski for our clients if that was the choice he'd made for himself. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
B4 squads are pretty good in the deep stuff. Very Happy
My usual B3s are lovely.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rio, can't say I noticed any niche that was working for me...and they were beyond awful on the pisted descent back from the off piste. But if they work for you in some conditions, fair enough.

Kitty, B3s are better. Dynastars are not. IMO Twisted Evil haven''t got on with Dynastars since the original gold Course with the red blob. Now THAT was a ski...

SMALLZOOKEEPER, quite right too. And before you say it, I didn't choose them...they were all Coquoz had. Nearly managed to grab a pair of DP Pros (184 which I am dying to try) but they hadn't been returned. Crying or Very sad I would have been better off on my Dobies. HAd an entertaining conversation after ski about the number of folks who use this sort of ski as their everyday ski. It's just plain wrong.

Snowy, I don't believe you wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
David Murdoch, what don't you believe? I'm so right!! wink

I don't believe SMALLZOOKEEPER not wanting to take staff on, based on the skis they ski on. I've known a fair few excellent skiers who own B4s. Mind you, all the skiing they do is off-piste in Whistler, not on that horrible corduroy stuff. Little Angel
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
David Murdoch, Dynastars are great. I've got a pair of 8800's fantastic off-piste and not too shabby on either, as long as it's not rock hard. A pair of Omeglass also, superb fun on a hard piste. Kitty has a pair of Exclusive Legend's, again top ladies off-piste ski, a set of Exclusive Carves, great for short radius on piste.
We've both got a pair of Stormrider XL's also as our new toys.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowy, He was dumb in many other respects too, the skis clinched the non-deal.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, so would you hire staff on the basis of them owning an excellent ski choice? What would that choice be? B3s? wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowy, too narrow Wink
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snowy, I once clinched a job on the basis of having skis at 203cms despite being a mere 5'6" and 9st7lbs myself.

Spyderman, not for me they're not. It's really disappointing as I loved my gold Courses. I just have totally not enjoyed any Dynastars I've tried since. No real idea why, I'm aware they're great skis, just not for me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch, i think you'd get some pleasure out of the Legend Pro - similar idea to the Stockli DPs but with maybe a little more beef Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Arno, I'm well up for giving anything a go. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
David Murdoch, We had this chat last year. wink
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER, we did...must get round to giving them a shot. Maybe a DP pro on one foot and a Legend Pro on the other? Not that I'd notice the difference as my boots are too big Crying or Very sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
SMALLZOOKEEPER,...and, when I'm tired/crook/pathetic...too stiff Crying or Very sad Embarassed Embarassed Crying or Very sad Embarassed

Nah! NOT REALLY! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy