Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half-term week i.e. next week, where for a total beginner?

Poster: A snowHead
Looks like a friend and I will be going somewhere for a week during half-term, and his Mrs will be coming along, but she's never skied before. So I'm after suggestions for somewhere that won't be too hellishly busy during half-term, and somewhere good for a first-time skier. Any suggestions? Not having been skiing before during half-term, I don't know how busy it gets... am I asking the impossible? Is everywhere busy? I realise it may well be too late to find accom. anywhere, too Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
half term is now for my kids, what week are you looking to go???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ah, sorry - should have said - w/c 17th - I forgot half-term is variable around the country.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jonm, you might be well-advised to look somehwere other than France e.g. Austria at this late stage. Igluski www.igluski.com has quite a good reputation on here for late availability.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nick L, will have a look - ta. Yes, was thinking of avoiding France.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Well, we've blagged hire of a friend-of-a-friend's apartment somewhere in Serre Chevalier for the week. So France it is, after all.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jonm, Telephone the Ski school NOW and get lessons booked. From our experience in Montalbert the ski school gets fully booked in advance for next week!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
boredsurfin wrote:
jonm, Telephone the Ski school NOW and get lessons booked. From our experience in Montalbert the ski school gets fully booked in advance for next week!

I agree. Call now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks, both... will do. Any particular ski school to recommend? Esp. for Emma who's never skied before.

One slight issue could be that we're not arriving until Monday lunchtime, but that was unavoidable.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jonm, don't know about Serre Chev as I've never been there, but post a new thread asking for ski school recommendations. There are a few snowHeads based there who will be able to help no doubt.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:
we're not arriving until Monday lunchtime, but that was unavoidable.

jonm, good plan. And don't leave on Saturday morning..... Private lessons, if there are any vacancies, would probably be the best bet, with patient and supportive input from you and mate the rest of the time!!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, yeah actually I think the way it's worked out is pretty good, early morning Monday flight which gets us there at 10am, then the flight home is late the following Sunday, so we still get at least 6 days skiing Smile I have very unpleasant memories of leaving on Saturday morning last year <shudder>

Agree re private lessons - have had a few suggestions for ski schools which we're following up, so I'm hoping she'll be ok.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jonm, which village are you staying in? Eurekaski is in Monetier, and they are excellent, BUT they may be already booked up. www.eurekaski.com
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I should add that Mel will try and find you an alternative if they cannot help.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jonm, Darren at http://www.insightski.com/ is very good too.
snow report
Hi there Helen Beaumont, we're staying in Chantemerle. I spoke to Mel at Eurekaski and they are already fully booked up unfortunately. She emailed me this morning with a couple of other ski schools to try though.

Also, there are loads listed here: http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Ski-schools-Guides?lieu=Chantemerle&categorie=&trouver=Search&type=1 and it says the ESF has 130 instructors! So I'm hopeful we'll get something.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy