Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel advanced group lessons, esf/ magic/ systems ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello, has any one had experience with any of these ski schools in meribel.

I am after morning group lessons to occupy me while others in the group are on their morning lessons (plus its a good way to avoid the lift queues!!!). I *think* im just a little outside of there normal buckets of ability now, but Im still interested in lessons because 2 hours in a morning dedicated to thinking about core technique and not just ticking off slopes is still very much beneficial to me. Plus group lessons are fun and sociable.

esf 5 mornings 2.5h € 142.50
snow systems 6 mornings, Sun-Fri 2h € 185.00
magic 5 mornings, Sun-Fri Thu off 2h € 180.00
esf Off Piste Discovery 1day € 67.00

ESF
http://www.esf-meribel.com/e_ability_adult.html

Snow systems
Not convinced they have a good level for me
http://www.snow-systems.com/visu_page.php?id_page=54#adult
Beginner. Never skied before, it is my first time on skis.
1. I can do snowplough on green runs and can use the lifts.
2. I start to turn parallel on easy blues.
3. I ski blue runs with confidence and start to turn parallel on red runs.
4. I am happy on red runs but need to improve my technique on blacks.

Magic
http://www.magic-meribel.com
Winner at the moment, for me personally, means could do the off piste thing
on Thursday.
Level 5
What can you do already?
I can ski parallel on any marked piste; I've lost count of how much I have skied.
What will I learn?
Technique for all terrain in all snow conditions.
What kind of slopes/lifts?
Hard stuff.
What lift pass do I need?
Three valley pass. Insurance that covers off piste.

Cheers
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
not sure what you mean by out of their abilities but also have a look at parallel lines and New Generation for clinics. both of their upper level groups are advanced levels...

i really like magic for kids and the esf discovery day i have heard is great fun (but i dont have first hand knowledge)
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Snow systems and ESF, dont really describe there high levels very well. Their highest says "can ski parallel on reds or black", where as im after something
that will give me feedback on moguls/steeps/powder etc....

Magic and New Generation seem to be the leaders for me now. I like magic's Sunday-Friday with Thursday off, as I can then go on the Discovery
that day (Kinda gambling on the weather there!).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
new gen 7 level sounds about right for you.... Neil Milne for newgen or zoe cambell usually run the tech clinics.. Magic have a lot of good instructors as well.

have a look at parallel lines they are smaller with around 6 instructors but al brits and they will tailor the clinic around what you need.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
To add to what skimottaret says, I did a Level 7 clinic with Neil Milne of NewGen which was off-piste, steeps and bumps, great teacher I'd recommend him.

If it's not too inconvenient to get over to Courchevel 1850 to start your lesson then Ski Supreme there are also highly recommended. Phil Smith's Snoworks use Supreme's instructors on their Courchevel All Terrain weeks and they teach using the same (and very good, in my experience) approach as Snoworks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnnyrotten, I think Neil now teaches with Parallel Lines in Meribel. Another great instructor there is Angus Meldrum (who also works with Phil Smith from time to time in Snoworks).
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
taemo, yeah rob is right i forgot that Neil has moved over. another guy at Parellel lines that i would recommend is Ed Woolley.

if you are after more of a racing slant on things Ed Pirie teaches there (part time i think) and he was/is a very good racer along with his son Gregor.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cool thanks, I will get booking.

Cant wait to get there 10 days and counting snowHead

skimottaret, im gonna be in one of the chalets halfway up Laitelet, above Narcisses.
Do you know which is the best/nearest hire shop ?

I found this link but I cant really work it out in relation ship to where we are.

http://www.meribel-unplugged.co.uk/images/mottaretskishops.jpg

Cheers

Jamie
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
taemo, check out my site under skiing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy