Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First Ski Holiday with Kids age 3-5 in Montchavin

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I booked our holiday that we have just returned from based on advice & tips picked up here last year so want to share the experiance for anyone thinking of taking young children sking.
As you can imagine we were very nervous about the whole experiance of leaving the kids with strangers and did not want to put the kids off skiing ...

We were a party of 10 with 4 kids age 3,4,5 & 5 .... all children went together to Evo2 ski school garden .... had a fab time with Jerome & by the end of the week the 5 year olds can ski !!! The 3 & 4 year olds did well too and grasped the principles but lacked concentration to keep up with the older 2 !! The kids also had the aftrenoon care with Evo2 until 2pm with Isobella .. she too was great and looked after the kids well and took them out to play after lunch.

We travelled from Ashford on the Eurostar to Bourg .... this again with the kids was great ... they had space to wriggle around and room to play games and do colouring etc ... you need to take food for them as its pricy and not much choice for bland eaters like ours ! Scenery en-route was lovely. Need to book a table for ultimate space !

We stayed with Riders Republic in a chalet in Montchavin .... very pretty place just a 20 minute transfer from station. Hosts were there to meet us so no hanging around. Riders staff were great fun and very helpful. Food and chalet location were also spot on.
Kids had a ball making snow men, sledging & just burying eachother in the snow !!

Evo2 snow garden for kids was in Montchavin so no messing about to get them off to lessons. 3 adult beginners had lessons with evo2 and Bruno was a hit !!

Would definately do it all again ..... with kids the apres ski was minimal .... plus we were all very tired .... but the green beer I believe was an aquired taste !!

The only problem we encountered was with the Eurostar on the way home .... due to boarding problems at Bourg and then a technical problem we were delayed by 1hr 30mins on way home. Don't think boarding prob is normal, my husband used Eurostar last year without a hitch.

Hope this helps anyone wanting to take kids from the age of 3 skiing .... Evo2 was only school I could find to take them this young.

And to complete the week we had bucket loads of snow on Monday (I think!) .... roll on next year ......
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dtol, We did the last 2 years in Montchavin with Esprit and remember Jerome and Bruno well as they taught the kids. This year we used Esprit in Peisey and ESF and I have to say they were not good at all. Kids ddiin't progress that much.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy