Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Tania to VT

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
What's the quicker route: into Meribel via Boulevard de la Loze; or in to Courchevel, up to Saulire, down to Mottaret and the 3 chairs?

Tas Puzzled
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mottaret via courchevel

take the sources drag to vizelle bubble the into mottaret plattieres bubble to mid station and ski to cote brune chair
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Agree with skimottaret, although it is becoming close using the combination of new fast chair lifts with no need to take skis off and taking in to account the possible queues.

Out of Courchevel from the Sources drag, The Saulire cable car is quicker than the Vizelle bubble (if you don't have to wait for it). Slower alternative is Biollay and Suisse chair - all bring you out at the top of Saulire.

From Mottaret there's the option of the Combes and Chatelet chairs to Cote Brun - rather than Plattieres 1 and 2 bubble. Don't think there will be much in this - (and you don't have to take your skis off).

However.... Is it possible to stay high and left on the Boulevard de la Loze and then traverse between the pistes to get over far enough and straight down to Mottaret? Any thoughts skimottaret, ?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kkev, the saulire cable is only running one car, this may be fixed by the time tas goes so it is taking a long time to queue up.

the chari combination is pretty quick as well, as you say probably not much in it but the chatelet chair is getting busy. if no queue at plattiere i would take the bubble or if it is a nice day take the chair Laughing

boulevard de la loze shuts often and can be slow
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
note the OP was asking from La Tania. The key I found was to traverse as high as possible from the top of the Lanches chair, and cut across a few pistes, under Pas Du Lac lift before dropping down into the bottom of the Plattieres eggs/Combes chairlifts as kkeve says.

I reckon that is lots quicker than dropping back to Saulire.

edit after reading skimottarets comment - if you take the Lanches chair out of La Tania you will quickly see if boulevard de la loze is shut/busy and adopt your strategy accordingly Wink
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

cut across a few pistes

kitenski, your right but you can easily end up in meribel if you dont know where you are going...plus the travers is quite slow
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for all this: the Saulire bubble comment is a worry: I've not seen any reference to it on Courchnet, for example.

As for cutting across from Bd del al loz, that looks trciky from the map..

TAS
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tas, one of the cable cars got smashed up during a trial run in the early season and was removed. By memory they were supposed to repair it and have both cars running in feb but i could be wrong on timing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret, Both cars were running when I arrived there on Jan 19th.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Wags, good to know ta...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy