Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bormio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It looks like an extremely pretty medieval mountain town and the skiing looks as though it should be fun. We are contemplating a weekend visit at the end of Feb. Driving up from Bergamo airport and am guessing it's a 2 hour drive?
Anyone done this and what should we do or not do as the case may be in Bormio?
Anyone got any apartment/hotel recommendations?

Cheers, Greg.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I was rather amused me by ski-europe.com

Quote:
The slopes, too, suit a rather specific and perhaps rather uncommon breed of visitor: you need to enjoy red runs and very little else, but you need to be happy with a limited range of them

Never know red-slope skiers belong to an uncommon breed!

Ifyouski.com site reports it having a total of 39km piste and said

Quote:
When you think of Italian ski resorts, Bormio is usually one of the first to spring to mind. The irony is that the skiing isn't all that amazing.

So skiers going there may not be after snow alone.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
northantsred, I drove through their on my way to Livigno, without stopping it is probably 2.5 hours. Make sure you take the Lake Como, Lecco, Sondrio route though...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
hoof....surely there are informed people that have actually spent time there Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Greg
Was in Bormio a couple of yrs back. Great place to be in and a unique ski resort.
Stayed in San Lorenzo which is an excellent hotel in centre of town. Skiiing good and plenty of variety to be had for a long w/end w plenty of high altitude runs. Great food on mountain, go for the "lardo" - pure unadulterated fat, mmm... I'd say 3 hrs wld be a good journey.
Other tip is to take time out to go to Bagni Vechhi spa a few miles out of town.
cheers
Pat
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
patrick318, tahnks for that.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Greg - I was in Bormio last year for a week and am heading there this Sunday. Larice-Bianco is a wonderful hotel - the food is fantastic and the owners couldn't be nicer. The skiing is fun and the runs are LONG but it's not incredibly challenging if you are an expert skier.

I am going back because I loved the town, the people, the atmosphere and especially the hot springs (Roman Baths). Don't miss the Bagni Vecchi and the Bagni Nuovi - both are worth a visit if you like that kind of thing. You don't have to miss a day of skiing to go - they are open until 8p and I like heading over there right after skiing & making it back to the hotel for a late dinner.

There is an amazing lodge/steak house at the top of Santa Caterina. It has amazing steaks at lunch time and going to Santa Caterina (it's close and the bus is free) adds variety to the skiing.

I fly into Milan (from the US) so I can't tell you how long it takes from Bergamo. But check and see if there are buses because you don't really need a car in Bormio, the entire town is walkable and it's about 5E for a taxi to the Baths. The buses to Santa Caterina and Livigno are free if you have a Bormio welcome card which your hotel should provide. Enjoy!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy