Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can you get apartments for 10 days in Ischgl??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am wanting to go to Ischgl for 10 days next year has anybody managed to book apartments for 10 days or do they only book for weeks at a time?
thanks for any answers

julie Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In the pension I stayed in Valzur mid Jan this year we were the only guest in the third floor while many skiers seemed to come and go and staying for only a few days. This fact is substantiated by the changes of vehicles in the parking spaces. We could see guests cocking spatghette in the kitchen in the ground floor of the self-catering apartment. Each floor seems to be owned by different owners too. Thus we would be surprised if there is a lack of interest in accepting a booking of 10 days. We only stayed for 6 days ourselves. Valzur is about 5km from Ischgl and served by ski buses. Nearer and larger communes like Mathon and Kappl would not be that much different and may be better for skiers without cars because the only restaurant in Valzur is for its own hotel guests. In finding the accommodation we actually knocked on the door of a house in Mathon and was told they knew nothing about Valzur because they were also guests just arrived at the rent apartment.

Accommodation in Ischgl may be less accommodating if the demand is high. But Ischgl is served by several huge car parks and cars fill up and disappear everyday. Therefore the skiers there are very mobile. The resort, as every Austrian resort we have been, gets only busy at weekends. Thus there must be a significant number of skiers only asking weekend accommodations.

That is our experience with accommodations, especially in areas within driving distance, of the Austrian resorts.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy