Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Safety Optional' --- Mad or What??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Guvnor, just found this,
which seems worryingly on the side of the manufacturers.

Quote:
.....recent research and tests by the BMC Technical Committee and Leeds University on plastic shelled climbing helmets from a variety of manufacturers has revealed worrying failures. Privately used plastic helmets over four years old are likely to suffer from brittle fracture when subjected to low impact levels. Precise reasons for this deterioration with age are unknown but factors may include evaporation of the plasticiser, work hardening of plastic and mechanical age hardening. .....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
9 pages now and none of it any better Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Guvnor wrote:
uktrailmonster, same reason people change their ski's, jackets, boots etc every season - wrong colour, new technology available blah blah blah....surely the only reason you would change a helmet is if if had taken a serious blow, and was therefore possibly broken?

Or is it because it is predominantly a fashion item?

I've been through three different helmets in the last five years. What seems comfortable in the shop sadly proved to be not so comfortable on the hill. I think I've finally got it right now and I have no plans to change it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Don't you agree this guy should have his lid on? wink

Photo from West Coast Mountain Guides. Nevis Range last season.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Winterhighland, and ropes attached. What a Rodney Shocked
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
He should be wearing a helmet. He also needs to be carrying a spare pair of pants. Some people just don't take safety seriously!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes but if that cornice goes, a helmet is not going to do him much good...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Surely not a competent and qualified guide! If he is I would not let him in charge of the mother in law! I do however like her!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Winterhighland, that is an amazing photo - of what appears to be a complete eejit.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Roy Hockley wrote:
Surely not a competent and qualified guide! If he is I would not let him in charge of the mother in law! I do however like her!

I should point out that the person in the picture was not a client of the guide that took the photo and it was taken from some distance away at the opposite side of a gully.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Winterhighland, How tempted was he to shout ' JUMP' and see if he did Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy