Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why is France so pricey?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
docsquid,
Quote:

But despite the fact that it is expensive, the loos are horrible, and the lift attendants will shovel snow directly at you, I absolutely love France. I suspect that is why they get away with charging me more than they should for things.

Yesss! I think you're my secret twin. I also adore Bel Air. And I'm happier holidaying somewhere I speak the lingo properly and am therefore rarely treated as a tourist. (French-speaking Switzerland also has possibilities - I like Verbier.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It does seem that its just the really big ski resorts in France that are so expensive - Espace Killy, Three Valleys etc, I guess you're paying for the mileage really. I went to LDA over new year for around £800, all inclusive, which is pretty good, given that its new year and reckon its a very good and cheaper resort than some of the more famous ones (also note it is one where there are no SKGB reps....). Some of the smaller French resorts are even cheaper, from our holiday research, but we chose not to go there as we wanted somewhere as snowsure as possible.
I do love Austrian resorts, much friendlier and cheaper, but unfortunately, I am not allowed any time off during Jan, Feb or March due to my job - I didn't know this until I joined!!! Late December and April skiing it is for me!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
KateF wrote:
April skiing it is for me!

Nothing wrong with April Skiing in good Company

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=32956

Wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Although I have done loads of skiing in France I do find Austria and Italy a bit cheaper.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whilst I agree food and beer is cheaper and better in Austria compared to France the problem is I spend more in Austria! Since it's cheaper and nicer (the food and def the beer) I eat more and drink more, very clever pricing model - fools me.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy