Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Calling all Morzine regulars / locals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, for our family ski trip in Easter 2009 I have received a couple of options in Morzine. My frist reaction was that Morzine is too low for w/c 4 April, but I am here to be persuaded otherwise.

I'm sure the Avoriaz area will be OK at that time of year, but I would expect most of our time be spent on the Morzine / Les Gets side. Typically then, first or 2nd week in April, is this a totally insane thing to do, or is there genuinely a good chace of coverage on these slopes. I'm not averse to sloppy conditions in the afternoon, sort of got used to that skiing at Easter last few years.

Finally, one of the options is to stay in a small hotel / chalet at the top of the Nyon cablecar. This has it's appeals (has it's own creche/literally doorstep skiing/traffic free (snow-cats excluded)!), but in the event of poor (on non-existent) snow, would we be totally isolated up there. Has anyone stayed up there, can you recommend it ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
masmith, We popped into Les Gets last season 2nd week April having been somewhere higher. We were quite prepared for three days walking but had three fab days skiing. That said, we were very lucky. It was great on Chavannes and in Les Gets bowl but Morzine side was pretty awful with largish stones in abundance over by Troncs lift and down to Nyon! I think if I were going to Mozine, I would be aiming to ski regularly in Avoriaz. My nephew was out there the same time as us, and had superb skiing up there daily.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Lou, thanks. I guess many more people would share the same view, i.e. stay in Morzine but ski in Avoriaz. Does this mean the Super Morzine gondola would be very busy with long queues in the morning and for the return journey ?

I know you could always go via Ardent or Prodains, but as (another) one of the chalets we're considering is very close to the Super Morzine it would be a shame to do this.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
last year was poor all over europe for snow was it not? so it might well be much better than last year, something to think about anyway
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
masmith - I think Lou's assessment is a pretty good one. There's usually good snow in the Les Gets bowl and at the top of Morzine, but the runs down can be getting sketchy by then.

I certainly wouldn't stay up an Nyon at that time of year. Far too much of a risk. (I'm not sure I'd want to stay at the top of Nyon at all actually - far too isolated and near zero to do in the evenings).

Super Morzine can get busy - but it's not usually too bad. Although we nearly always ski from Ardent as you then don't have to stress about lift closing times at the end of the day.

What's "best" depends on a couple of factors. Are you doing self-assembly or package? Do you have kids, what ages and what do you want to do with them? Will you have a car?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy