Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler in March/April??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about going on my first boarding holiday (beginner level, had a few lessons) to Whistler, with a mate who is an experienced skier. He really wants to go when there is lots of fresh powder, so wants to go right at the beginning of March. I however am more keen on going towards the end of March, so......

Can anyone tell me what the conditions are usually like early march, compared to late March/early April?

Also, how will I find Whistler as a first boarding holiday?

Cheers,
Mark
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
late March will probably get less pow than early, but base will be deep, it'll be quieter and warmer/lighter and maybe cheaper. Both should be excellent - I ski there in May are it's still wonderful.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a beginner, March is a great time to come to Whistler. If your friend is a hardcore skier, and wants lots of powder, tell them to look into a trip during the late December through to early Feb. Never any guarantees for powder, but at that time of year, the powder is better.
By spring, any fresh snow we get, is generally heavy and wet, still fun, but not the best.
I have skied 10cm of fresh snow in august, on the Horstman glacier.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Done late Jane and early march. Not done late march. Early march was wonderful - see my resort report here:

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=290965

and others here

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bongomark, it's probably best to avoid April in Whistler because it get s a bit warm and the snow melts (well it's a risk anyway!). It's not so much of a problem if you're a beginner and hence won't cover so much ground though.

I learned to board in Whistler and spent most of my time on lower Olympic, having fun falling off the Olympic chair! Since then I've ditched the board and taken up skiing instead (in order to spend less time catapulting myself onto the snow). Shocked Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy