Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Red Mountain and Rossland

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey all, has anyone got any advice on where to stay in Rossland BC. We are off there on a whim on Feb 23 for a week, mainly because flights to spokane were cheap, have not yet booked accomodation and wondered if anyone could recomend anywhere?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plenty of choice on hill - nice condos. Quiet, but town is only 2km away.

Consider Schweitzer too if you're flexible. Bit closer to Spokane, great ski hill, especially this La Nina year. Nice little village in hill and Sandpoint at base is a great little town. plenty of pics and recent reports from both if you dig around on my blog
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I agree that Schweitzer is a good bet, Sandpoint is really nice and lots of choice for places to stay and food etc. Also look at Silver Mtn in Idaho, not much there but quiet on the hill and cheap accomodation.

Not been to Red Mountain but heard good reports of it, you could make a bit of a road trip out of it, especially if you are renting a car anyway to get from Spokane airport etc.

Where are you flying from? surely not the UK direct to Spokane???
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Burn1911 wrote:
I agree that Schweitzer is a good bet, Sandpoint is really nice and lots of choice for places to stay and food etc. Also look at Silver Mtn in Idaho, not much there but quiet on the hill and cheap accomodation.

Not been to Red Mountain but heard good reports of it, you could make a bit of a road trip out of it, especially if you are renting a car anyway to get from Spokane airport etc.

Road trip is a great idea. And snow at Silver/Schweitzer is quite epic this year. And for a really rustic fun day, 49 Degrees North is on the way from Spokane to Red. Great little locals hill.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gortonator wrote:

Road trip is a great idea. And snow at Silver/Schweitzer is quite epic this year. And for a really rustic fun day, 49 Degrees North is on the way from Spokane to Red. Great little locals hill.

And some of the most perfect pitch tree skiing I've ever found. Cool place.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
JimSearle wrote:
...and wondered if anyone could recomend anywhere?

Not near the smelting factory would be a good choice. wink
I'd recommend Rossland, only you'd need to have a car handy to take you to the hill.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Flying from UK via Chicago with United, pretty cheap with seats at under £400, certainly cheaper than flying into Canada.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are having a rather incredible winter over here, and Silver Mtn is skiing great. Though we had to share the Mtn. yesterday with some canucks from Kelowna, actually heard a local swearing over the fact he had to share, and still not 100 people on the hill.

Sorry don't have a recommendation for lodging, but yes stay in Rossland not in Trail.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We are having a FANTASTIC year so far, we are West of the cascades and lately too much snow to even get over East - Thank you La Nina!!! so you will definately have great skiing wherever you go.

We had fun fun fun at Silver mtn, the sking was great and really varied for a small area! Let us know about Red Mtn if thats where you go, make sure you post a trip report!

As a Brit living over here I am always keen to know about cheap flights!! Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Burn1911 wrote:
We are having a FANTASTIC year so far, we are West of the cascades and lately too much snow to even get over East - Thank you La Nina!!! so you will definately have great skiing wherever you go.

yep - we love La Nina around here. Altho her excesses today (keeping up the foot-a-day average) are going to make my drive to Whitefish a little longer than anticipated. I-90 over Lookout pass from Idaho to Montana is currently 'emergency travel only'. Satisfying my pow needs on Friday is an emergency, methinks ...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I totally think that POWDER is an emergency, luckily for us Crystal Mtn doesn't require us crossing the pass to get to it!! phewwwwww so my craving will be satisfied by this time tomorrow!!! Very Happy
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Rossland is a few kilometers/miles from Red Mountain. There is lodging at the mountain but you'll probably be happier (and save money) staying at one of the motels in town. For a generic, nice motel look at like the Travelodge. For something upscale look at the Prestige Mountain Inn. There are also numerous bed and breakfast places in town. Being in town will allow you to walk (or crawl if you foolishly end up drinking with the numerous Aussies around town) to and from the restaurants & bars.

Red Mountain is a great steep mountain with wonderful tree skiing. Be careful, a blue run there is usually a black run that's been groomed.

On your way to Rossland you'll pass near 49 Degrees North in Washington. It definitely is worth taking the time to ski.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy