Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Canadian resort info....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Just looking into Canadian resorts to work in for next winter. My options are Fernie, Jasper, Panorama or Kimberley. Can anyone give me any info about what the skiing is like/nightlife etc in these resorts?

Thanks!

TT
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can reccommend you start at having a look at the resort reports

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=5047
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Aha! Didn't know that was there! Thanks!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only the Fernie one is up to date so info on the others would be great. Specifically for a season as well as holiday experience please!

TT
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I would recommend Fernie over Panorama. More snow, better terrain, livelier nightlife.

I haven't visited Jasper or Kimberley but from what I've heard/read I think Fernie would be a better choice than them too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kimberley is quite small and fairly tame as a ski hill. The town is mmmmmm how shall I put this - interesting and a 15 min drive from the slope base. Nightlife very low key a few condos/hotels at the foot of the slopes, most eating/drinking revolves around the hotel. Had a great time there but wouldn't say yeah you've got to go.

IMHO Fernie is the one out of those 4, or spend a bit of time at each.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Panorama is a limited but (I thought) very good area. Heliskiing is available from the door. Canadians seem to consider it ice prone, but they are pretty fussy when it comes to snow. The place itself is a bit of a dump. It's a rather dreary resort 10+ miles from a town, and that town is nothing to send a PC home about. Fine for a week, at a pinch two, but I'd think a season there would drive you bonkers.

Jasper is a charming small town and major railway junction, bit of a pioneer atmos, I thought. Again, the skiing is limited, although it's expanded since I visited. Beautiful location even by western Canada standards, middle of nowhere, frozen lakes, elks, whelks (not really), white tail deer, icefields. Not the liveliest place I've ever been, but I imagine you could have a great season there if you prefer wholesome outdoor living (10 mile snowshoe hike before a roll in the snow and breakfast) to the bright lights.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Treacle_Tart81, Why those 4 ? There are a LOT better resorts than those to work at in Canada.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
richmond, beleive me it (panorama) is ice prone (i'm not canadian) - well was when I was there a few years back - the worst snow (ice) conditions I've ever encountered. Agree the town or mickey mouse resort complex thing is awful.

Done all other than Jasper - eailsy Fernie - great town, great ski hill, great atmosphere, great snow except when I was there but still not as bad as icy-rama
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have only been to Fernie out of those 4, and that was during a bad year, and Fernie was terrible. Stil I could see the potential, it must be awesome when it has snow, a lot of fun terrain. And from what I have heard about the other resorts, I wouldn't even consider a holiday to them, let alone a whole season.
go to Fernie, the town is NOT a ski town, but its pretty big, so has a lot of different stuff to do, and has a number of decent pubs/nightclubs. The resort is just out of town, so plan to get a car, hitchhiking is very common, and doable, but if you plan a season, get yourself a car, you will be glad.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
waynos wrote:
richmond, beleive me it (panorama) is ice prone (i'm not canadian) - well was when I was there a few years back - the worst snow (ice) conditions I've ever encountered.

It was fairly icy when I was there, but not that bad. I wonder why it's particularly prone to it. I suppose that the slopes all face pretty much the same direction (I can't remember what direction that is), so will all suffer similar thaw/freeze to the same extent. On other hand, it has some very interesting in bounds off piste, which I explored only to a very limited extent.

Whatever the snow's like, you'd be stir crazy after a couple of weeks, tops.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy