Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Che lifts and summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im off to Les Alberts this summer. I was wondering whether serre che locals could give me the low down on the lifts for bikes and walking. What time are the lifts open and are they everyday? which is the best for views to take parents?

Im thinking of walking from pied du col near the foot of the lauteret (la grave side) to Monetier. Anyone walked this before? Ive sort of walked halfway up from La Grave direction. I remeber it has beautiful views of glaciers and the Ecrins.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Christopher, Not done the walk, but I can help with the lifts. Four lifrts open, one in each place.

Chantemerle Cable car is usually the first to open, towards the end of June, (18th Last year)although the restaurants at the mid-station are ususally not open for the first week or two.
Prorel gondola from Briancon opens about a week later (25th in 2007)
Finally the Casse du Boeuf chair (Villeneuve) and Bachas chair (Monetier) opens in early July. (2nd in 2007)

They all close again in early September, and most of them close on one day each week. (Bachas was closed on Monday last year). Briancon gondola is good for the views. There's a viewpoint at the top with a panoramic map of the mountain ranges.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cafe soliel is ALWAYS open if the mountain is open

chantemerle is ALWAYS open, runs approx every half hour, more in busy times. It is also open the longest from mid jun to first weekend in sept. All the others open late and close early.

huge amounts of decent walks around. My fav is from lac Les Aye, totally beautiful place. or the ridge walk from the croix de toulouse to the granon. Or the chemin de roye. There are to many to list. Get a map and start walking
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
snowangel., it wasn't when we were up there last June, that was why I said it. My guest also commented on that this year too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Helen Beaumont, my husband worked there all last summer so i konw exactly when it was and wasn't open. I was actually eating there the first day of the season.
sorry but in this instance i am100 % certain that the cafe soliel is always open. besides Serge would never miss the chance to make money
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowangel., I am sure you're right, but certainly the year we were up there it was closed , 2006 I think. ( first day of the lifts opening). There was hardly anyone else up there.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, are you sure your not thinking about another restaurant, as i know serge its all about money! LOL shrude man! Very Happy

I tell you i wish it wasn't open all summer, Pea had about 3 days off last summer. Thank god he's not there this summer i might get to see him
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowangel. Jules says there was a notice at the bottom that the mountain restaurants were closed, so we didn't bother to go up, as we weren't going up for anything else, just lunch and the walk back down again. We were visiting to sign for the apartment apparently so it must have been 2005. We went to the Loup Blanc instead . My memory must be playing up.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There all relatively cheap arent they?

the gondola from chantermerle takes you up the highest but is the prorel the best for views over the ecrins and obviously it would have the best views of Briancon.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Christopher, I will have to check the cost, I can't remember off-=hand what they were now. http://www.allaboutthealps.com/SerreChevalier/Skiing.aspx?Category=179 gives you some idea, but I don't know how out of date they were. I think the mountain bike pass was 12 euros last summer.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Have gone up on the Casse de Boeuf a couple of times. Made the massive error of just walking down to Serre Ratier - nice walk and weird to see cows by the bottom of the Trois Croix run, but god, our calves [no pun intended] were knackered, Shocked 'cos of course we hadn't stretched them by missing out on the act of walking up. I definitely remember eating in the Relais up there. That was July.
Have also walked from the top of Bachas up to the Pas de L'Ane, [because I was convinced lac l'echauyda was over the other side... Embarassed ] and after scaring the pants out of ourselves at the top of the col decided to head back down. But it is beautiful and quiet and most importantly NOT HERE!
Enjoy your trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy