Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Accom

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for accom for this weekend (27/28 ) for the opening weekend of Tignes. Looking online I saw some recommendations for HOTEL LE REFUGE, can anyone advise if this place is ok for 100 Euros per night?

Thanks

Shonky
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Refuge is a well known and old established hotel in Le Lac. I have stayed there many times, but before the recent modifications which I believe were finished for last season. It may look uninviting from the outside but is very friendly and comfortable. Breakfast used to be a little eccentric if you do not have fluent french but may have changed with the recent mods. I believe that these are such that a restaurant is now incorporated in the hotel.
The hotel is ideally placed for access to the slopes (if the lifts in Le Lac are open this weekend?) and all of the "facilities" of Le Lac.
You expect a hotel room at the weekend in a ski resort for less than 100€ a night? Sounds great to me, go for it (if there's any snow) snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I stayed at the Vanoise in Val Claret a couple of weeks back, at only 40euro a night I thought it was a bargain. It might be more for the next weekend though. I'd recommend the place, one of the better hotels I've stayed at in France I'd say.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
shonky,
All Alan says I agree with,
They renovated it last season and it looked quite good.
I checked out one of the rooms and all looked ok.
I would be happy to stay there for what it's worth
Very close to everything

I'm in Tignes for the new year so give us a report when you return Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Echo Slowplough there. Oh, hang on a minute, didn't I see you there at the same time? wink The place was certainly very tidy and smart and the room that we saw was a decent size.

shonky, you could also try The Alpaka. It's run by an English lady, and although a little down at heel as far as the bedrooms go, it has a great bar area, the food was good when we were there last December and it's about 200m from the lifts. There's a boot drying room right at the entrance along with the ski cupboard and did I mention the bar?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I've stayed at Les Campanules (http://www.campanules.com/) in Le Lacs for the past two seasons - good price for half board out of season and they have an excellent french chef. In fact we'll be there from Dec 9th to 15th.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That's good to hear ise, I shall be there over the New Year!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Paul Roberts, good, actually it's the best hotel I've ever stayed in for Val or Tignes. I'm weighing standard and price together. Handy for the slopes and handy for the bars.

The breakfast wasn't the best I've ever had but it was fine. Most importantly, the rooms were clean and well decorated for a change Very Happy

The Alpaka needs a serious refurb', the bar has become seriously unpleasant at times as well with seasonaires from EV2 making the atmosphere really uncomfortable. Talking to someone last week though, the food is still great and they have an excellent wine list. I'd skip it nowadays, too English if nothing else.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The Diva in Val Claret usually does a deal including a lift ticket...and you don't need to catch a bus.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks to all

This looks great. The Vanoise sounds interesting, I did a quick google but couldn't find much int he way of online booking engines for the hotel. Does anyone know of a contact email address for them, or would it be safe just to rock up there on Friday night?

Shonky
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Shonky at the moment you shouldn't have a problem provided the hotel is open not all the hotels in the Tarentasie have opened yet. Give the tourist office in Tignes a call they'll be able to help you.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
shonky, Did you find their own website? http://www.hotelvanoise.com/. Contact email from that site is infos@hotelvanoise.com
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paul Roberts, good point, they answer their email as well. My French must have so bad they replied in English for that matter.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy