Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

doorstepskis.com - anyone used them ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
based in the PDS they do ski rental to your door. they deliver to chalet, fit, and then collect at the end of your hol. 57Eur for int skis for 4 days. just wondered if anyone has any feedback about their service. all looks good and had a couple of emails from them about ski choice and they were very detailed and looked liked they were interested in my custom. thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and what happens if you want to change the ski at 11:30 on the second day -or just want the bindings tightened - what shop do you drop into to get that done?

I'm not knocking their business model, but I'm a great believer in supportiing the local shop
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
talking to them further i think they run a shop and "doorstepskis" is simply a novel twist on their business. suits me as i arrive at 10pm and wan to go skiing first thing next day. they will be at my chalet at 8am friday with the skiis i have chosen looking at their website and discussing my heoght/weight/ability in several emails. all looks good to me so far. will let you know when i get back. i think it would be awkward for me otherwise as i am staying a little bit outside of montriond and have no ideas where the shops are and how to get to them as i think they are not walking distance.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
backhojo, ok, this is what I heard. We stayed in a chalet in Morzine a few weeks back and I said to the owner before we arrived that I'd investigated ski hire and found one called Doorstepskis. She said she wouldn't have them at the chalet and didn't like them. Now, this could be personal or could be a business thing, I don't know. She did have someone that she had used for years, a French guy (she concentrated on using local people wherever possible) and recommended him, but I don't think it was just because she wanted us to use them, she didn't strike me like that.

Anyway, we used Ski Mobile www.ski-mobile.com
They email you before you arrive and you tell them your height, weight and ski experience. You can specify specific skis if you wish and they will try and locate them. I asked for K2s and got them. They came in a van just after we arrived and have all the set up in the van to do alterations. My K2s had a knife edge and were waxed well. No complaints. If you aren't happy you simply call them and they come back whenever to change or alter anything. When leaving, they came to the chalet and took them away. It was a joy not having to line up in the hire shop. We had a chap called Oli, who was v. helpful.

As mentioned above, Doorstepskis may be absolutely fine and offer a great service, but as you were asking...............
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We use them for our Morzine chalet (a bit out of the resort so saves clients the hassle of heading into town on arrival night). Have had great feedback re Willie and the other guys from guests over the last few seasons. If people need to change kit they are on it right away. Each to their own though...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Used them in Morzine at Christmas, service was excellent, if you need to change ski etc they'll just come back to the chalet. Skis were this year's model and in good nick.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ctskifam, As I said, I don't know the reason she didn't want us to use them, but just thought I'd mention it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well - i am now back from montriond and used doorstepskis. i cant praise willie enough. FANTASTIC service. he was there on the dot at 8am with my chosen skis and they looked like new. he was pleasant and efficient. he carried a card machine so i could pay with credit card. after a couple of hours skiing i really didnt get on with the skis and they had too radical a sidecut for my skiing style an preferrence. I called Wille and he arranged to meet me at lunchtime at the lift station in Morzine as that was where i had ended up. he phoned me back from his mobile to explain he had difficulty parking near the lift and he was round the corner. sure enought i found him with a brand new pair of Volkl skis waiting for me. off i went. skis were magic and improved my skiing (so much so i think i will buy some - the edge grip had to be experienced to be believed). i left my skis at my chalet when i deprated and he collected them next day

THE SERVICE IS SO EASY AND PROCE WAS GOOD. I CAN HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOORSTEP SKIS.
He was very patient with my exactly (?fussy?) ski requirements and spent time finding out what i wanted once we had extablished my initial choice was not right.

I have spoken to willie since returning about getting me some skis as they are a bit obscure and he has been incredibly helpful.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
backhojo, pleased to hear all went well. I've still not met the guy but he does seem to go out of his way to look after people.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
they are alos cheaper than ski-mobile (€70 for 4 days advanced skis whereas ski mobile charge €84) also a much better website where you can book on-line and read about various different skis to enable you to make the right choice.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Does anybody know of a similar service in Les Arcs?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy