Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

buy in UK or in resort - austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

Am due to travel to Zell am See later this week, myself and two teenage kids and as usual running around at the last min to get kit together etc. Still missing some smaller essentials - namely hats, goggles and sun glasses. Budget is a concern for me as single mum trying to make a little go a long way. Any advice where would be best to pick up these last few bits and bobs - here in the UK or at the airport or are prices more competative in resort. (Zell am See).

any info would be helpful - staying at the Resort Hotel Schwebebahn, which I understand is ski/out but not sure how easy access is to the slopes for beginners/intermediates?

any comments would be great

Joanne
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have one nearby, you have to check out TKMaxx - some great bargains if you get lucky. Aldi otr Lidl also do some ski gear.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jo UK, I would say buy the gear before you go, I personally thought Zell was quite pricey for hats etc, i bought a hat at the airport for £15 in a shop in Zell the same hat was more than 38 euros!
Shocked
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jo UK, I'd expect the aiport to be more expensive than in resort, although feefee's experience suggests otherwise, or here. I wouldn't rely on the airport for goggs and that sort of thing. TKMax is the way ahead if you have one, although I bought some very resonably priced goggs (£25, Smiths, seem to do the job) in Switzerland last week, admittedly in a small resort, so you may do OK in Zell.

Can't help you with info about about Zell, I'm afraid.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 5-02-08 15:43; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks everyone - am realtively local to TK Max will try there.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Jo UK, I would definitely try to look for cheap gear in the UK as the shops in Zell are quite expensive for ski wear. Go to TK Maxx as suggested, or even Tesco I think now sells cheap gear? The hotel you are staying at is right by the ski school so great for beginners, and next to the lifts as well so the intermediates can head straight up. It's up the hill from the main town though, but perfect for getting on the slopes!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jo UK, Tchibo is also worth a look if there's a shop near you. I think most of their ski gear has gone, but they may have some specs and goggs around. Usually dirt cheap and OK.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy