Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Late snow, April 12th

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,
i'm considering another week in the Alps from April 12. Is there still good snow coverage in most Alpine resorts at that time of the year, or are the highest resorts the only ones worth considering? Also, do the prices fall significantly around that time of the year, any ideas for super cheap deals for a party of four,
thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sequoiaboard, prices do fall, as most English skiers believe skiing stops at the end of March. La Rosiere at 1850 metres is always open until the end of April, we've always been able to ski back to the village, as it's only the two lowest runs that close early and some of the lower runs in Italy which also close early but they've installed more snow-cannons there over the past few seasons. The Col de Petit St Bernard which runs through the middle of our ski domain - Espace San Bernardo never opens before the end of May and sometimes not until June. April skiing is great, long sunny days and spring skiing although we sometimes get late snows which top the pistes up nicely.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sequoiaboard, The EOSB was very successful last year. Why not go along and meet the crowd at this year's? If you want to stick to 12 April, somewhere like Les Deux Alpes or Val Thorens should be OK.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sequoiaboard, You should find snow in the higher resorts but it gets very wet from early afternoon onwards, so it's best to up first thing to get a few decent hours in the morning.

Best if you're going to a nice spa hotel or similar where you can chill out / get pampered in the afternoons
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:
sequoiaboard, the EoSB was very successful last year. Why not go along and meet the crowd at this year's? If you want to stick to 12 April, somewhere like Les Deux Alpes or Val Thorens should be OK.

going on the EOSB would have been fantastic, but sadly it is not in the school holls. we only just avoided deep doo doo with the school after missing the first 4 days of this term skiing . threw a sickie for the kids, and the kids were gutted that they couldnt tell their friends that they had been skiing. rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've got availability that week in Tignes. Prices do usually drop that late in the season, although as some schools are on holiday that week you might find many places not dropping as much as they do other years. (School hols are all over the place this year! I can't work it out! Seem to span for weeks!!!).
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:
We've got availability that week in Tignes. Prices do usually drop that late in the season, although as some schools are on holiday that week you might find many places not dropping as much as they do other years. (School hols are all over the place this year! I can't work it out! Seem to span for weeks!!!).

strange but true..........this year Easter weekend falls outside the Easter school holidays Shocked
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sequoiaboard wrote:

strange but true..........this year Easter weekend falls outside the Easter school holidays Shocked

Don't you mean certain schools? My kids are off over Easter Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski wrote:
sequoiaboard wrote:

Don't you mean certain schools? My kids are off over Easter Smile

my children are off 5th april to 21 april.
aparantly Easter Day is the earliest since 1913, of there abouts
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
mine break up the 29th I think, they appear to have staggered Easter hols around the UK as we cannot hook up with a family in Reading we usually ski with as their holidays are later than ours.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sequoiaboard, shouldn't you have asked permission for your kids absence from school? Not a very responsible decision to involve them in your deceptions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
sequoiaboard, shouldn't you have asked permission for your kids absence from school? Not a very responsible decision to involve them in your deceptions.

the school would have refused permission and so there would have been no skiing. we all decided that the decision may have been irresponsible, but it was definately the right one. well worth the deception..............a fine time was had by all Very Happy

(had we applied officially for time off, they would have said no, and so the children would have had black marks/unauthourised abscence on their school records.)
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Few days are hardly going to hurt ffs... Why are the schools so anal?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy