Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Some Verbier advice please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Good morning all!

After 7 years of skiing trips to France we (me, wife & 2 kids - 14 and 12) decided to have a change of scene and so are heading off to Verbier in a couple of weeks. The problem with going to an area for the first time is it might take you a couple of days to discover the good runs. Now I know some people enjoy discovering stuff like this for themselves, but I'd like to hit the ground running.

So what I'd like is a bit of advice on ...

1) Recommended runs - we like doing nice long runs with a bit of a blast, but anything with a bit a variety is good. Any runs through trees are alway nice.

2) Day long itineraries - Sometimes it's nice to go off on a big circuit, any suggestions for this would be appreciated.

We stick to pistes, but can get down pretty well anything.

Thanks,

Ed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ecsleath, A lot of what's best about Verbier are the intineraries, which are avalanche safe and patrolled, but not groomed so get very bumpy. They are off piste, so i guess you won't be doing them.

Assuming you've downloaded a piste map have a go at this:

For the first part of your question, the red down from col de gentianes past Cabane mt fort would work. The main run down from Attelas to Medran is best done early in the day as it gets very busy early on. The bottom of this is the path back to Verbier, which is tree lined. For real trees you need to go across the valley to Bruson.

The savolyeres sector is well worth exploring with the long run down to La Tzoumaz being tree lined. It's generally quieter than the Verbier sector too.

Day long trips are across the four Valleys to Thyon, taking in the women's down hill piste de l'ours in Veysonnaz. Make sure you're back in time for the last bubble up to Chassoure from Tortin which is currently 1615. It's a great trip out and I would recommend having lunch at Les Chottes on the way back and leaving there no later than 1430 to be safe for the return.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ecsleath, What Steve said, he knows.

Who are you staying with? They should offer a day's orientation...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try looking at this web site www.verbinet.com, it has lots of useful info.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great choice with verbier i went last year to nendaz and had a great time with some good runs like the tortin which is quite tricky.
i agree about the la tzoumaz run its got quite narrow at the top and when i was there there was some hidden ice but a good run with powder
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ecsleath, some more - unsolicited - advice is take plenty of CHF and don't, whatever you do, go in the Farinet...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Actually red 27, I think the Farinet is no more expensive than most London pubs.
Lots of comfy sofas....very conducive atmosphere to spending a long evening and night there once the music starts.

Oh...I see what you mean now I think about it Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As Steve Sparks, said the piste de l'ours is worth doing if you like fast carving reds and if you're over in Veysonnaz and don' want to have to rush back you don't have to ski ... grab a few beers in the wigwam at Thyon and a couple of the bars on the way down to Veysonnaz and then get the 18:30 bus down to Sion. Train from there to Martigny and then Le Chable and bus back up to Verbier .. bit of a convoluted affair but on some advertised days it's all included in the lift pass price and there is an offy at the station in Sion where you can stock up on supplies for the train journey ... we did it last year and found it to be a nice variation for your apres !! (which is pretty pants in Verbier if you ask me)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RichA, nice... That sounds like it could be taken from the Keith Floyd Pissheads Ski Guide Cool
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks guys,

I've downloaded a piste map and shall peruse it over the weekend with your advice.

If there are avalanche safe and patrolled off-piste bits, I may convince the wife to give them a go!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy