Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

custom ski shoes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hello, everyone. I would like to know if anyone knows which companies make ski shoes that have a foam or some kind of gel inside, which adapts to skiers foot individually, so it is only suitable for his feet.
I think that back in the days company San Marco was making this kind of ski shoes but am not sure who is now.
I would like to get as many opinions as possible, regarding this kind of shoes, if anyone has had them or has them.
I am intermediate free-carving skier, as someone would say "allmountain" wink
I am looking for a soft boot, because i tried a few harder ones and they just didnt fit well, also i have a inborn disability, since my right foot is a few inches shorter, so finding appropriate shoes is hard to find.
Thank you very much for your answers.
regards
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
geminni, nice try Laughing
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
? Confused
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
geminni, Hi welcome, sorry that no one has been able to help you with your problem. I am most sympathetic as my feet are also very different sizes.
You sound from your post as that you may well be a foreigner. One English word you may not have come across is "Cobblers" this is the name of people who make and repair shoes. There are indeed a lot of older members here that do this, and it would be fair to say that there is a load of old cobblers on here most of the time.

Another solution to your problem that I normally use myself is to go into two different shops and buy two pairs of different sized ski shoes. Ask if you can try them at home. Make a judgment as to which of te shops has the most dopey assistants (this might be hard if they are both dopey). Then simply take the correct fitting boot from each pair and take the two odd boots back to the most dopey shop and get your money back.

Why not visit Chamonix where you will be spoiled for choice.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jbob, thanks for your reply, will try this as soon as possible.
i used a few extra socks on shorter foot, but somehow this is not the best solution.
i would still like to find the boots with fitted inside shoe, then will try that and see if it works.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy