Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to next?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So, my wife and I have been to Kitzbuhel 3 times now and absolutly adore the place. We are looking to try somewhere new for next year, Austria again, a bit higher, lots of character, intermediate resort. Because we've been spoilt with our holidays to Kitz so far we don't want to drop the standard of which we've become accustomed. Anyone out there have any ideas?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
White Dream, Lech, Ischgl or St Anton - I've never been to any of them (they're on the list) but they fit your criteria very well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
White Dream, Ischgl would be ideal. Fab accommodation, big area, great snow & long season, love it. Not been to Lech or St Anton, but can thoroughly recommend Ischgl. An alternative would be Obertauern, but I don't think it has as much 'charm' as some other Austrian resorts. Obergurgl is high with great snow and a nice village character, but not the extent of piste like Ischgl.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zauchensee. Starts at about 1350m up to 2100m with loads of local resorts all covered by the Ski Amade lift pass. Quite a modern, but VERY smart place. Obviously had tons of cash invested in the past 10 yrs. 4* hotels all over the shop. A very compact village, certainly no town.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Anton or Lech are the obvious answers. Not as pretty as Kitzbuhel, but similar character. The skiing (certainly in St Anton) is significantly more demanding than Kitzbuhel, but it's not the white hell which it is sometimes depicted as being. Lech (which is more or less connected to St Anton) is more chi chi (plenty of powder, mainly on the faces of the old boilers in fur coats; sound familiar?), with a higher proportion of posh hotels, but the skiing is not as interesting (although still pretty good). We graduated form Kitzbuhel to St Anton, at the kids' request, and it was a good move.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Take your pick here. There are only 319 choices. Check it with what you know about Kitbuhel and you will know how accurate of its information.

You are raising the standard if you change from Kitzbuhel to Lech or Ischgl.

If you want good snow how about Obergurgl. Its bottom starts at 1930m.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bad Gastein is a little higher than Kitz, tops out at about 2650m I think. Plenty of character, good for inters, a real red run paradise. Some good advanced stuff too but probably not in the same league as St Anton. The one drawback is the skiing is in four separate areas linked by bus. If you don't mind that, check it out.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll 3rd (or 4th??) Ischgl. We skied there last year and were a bit worried it wouldn't have to charm of smaller Austrian resorts but it is fabulous. Amazing skiing and great variety for apres ski.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for all the replys guys! That will narrow down my search nicely. So depressing being home, but on the bright side only another 360 sleeps to go Shocked Anyhows, to all those yet to ski this season enjoy (lucky !*?*ers), theres great snow to be hads out there at the mo!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy