Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Brides les Bains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Going there just after xmas, via Skiweekends - on a bus, staying in Hotel Verseau.

Anyone been there and have any hints/tips ?

Cheers...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This is spooky, I posted an answer to this question last night and now can't find it. What's going on? Is it because we have two threads with exactly the same name?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No, it's becuse I put it in the wrong setion, and it mysteriously disappeared into the electronic ether when admin moved it !
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK. Well I went with them last February half term and it wasn't as bad as I thought it could be (the journey I mean). They usually aim to get you to resort by 8:30 in the morning, but we were delayed because of heavy traffic. There were a couple of comfort breaks at services, with a swift chance to get snacks and to allow them to swap the drivers over. It is worth paying for the legroom upgrade, and take a cushion and blanket.

The hotel hires the skis and they have the lift pass ready as you arrive, so you can be kitted up and out very quickly. They bus you to the gondola each way, so you don't have to walk.

As discussed on Homp-Homp's thread, it is a slow journey from Brides to Meribel, and then there is a further walk to the Meribel lifts, but it was all worthwhile as the skiing was excellent when we were there.

I had hoped to go again next year, but they aren't running the weekend breaks at half term and rather than go at Easter with them, I am now thinking of a short break to Chamonix to ski the Vallee Blanche.

If I can give any other help, let me know. It should be good, how many nights are you away? I didn't really think that the 2 nighter/3 day one was long enough.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray - we're there for 7days (9 with travel). We have the seat upgrades and are taking our own gear. Thx for tip on blanket/cusion.

Cheers for the info.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
austin7, If you pay for the seat upgrades, make sure you get them, last year we went and got on the coach at Folkestone and the seats we all taken, even though we'd paid. It wasn't that they had overbooked the seats, it was just that other people sat in them. No reps on the coach and the drivers don't want to get involved in any arguments so we had a bit of hassle finding out who nicked our seats. Sleeping tablets help the journey fly by.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're geting on at Victoria, so shouldnt be a problem with getting the god seats, as paid for - thx for feedback tho Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy