Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you are travelling with British Airways - a little warning story

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Well......... it starts with a last minute bargain - 3 days to Flaine over Christmas... booked the week before.

Firstly and unrelated... my son lost his passport but I eventually managed to sort a replacement - despite Passport Office telling me it was impossible - £140 lighter + two train tickets & a day's annual leave.

Headed to Gatwick - flight delayed for 2hrs - then sat on plane for 3 hrs watching ground crew search for additional bags (which did not exist - due to mis ticketing! we overheard the ground crews saying some bags were not labelled) loading and unloading both of the holds maunually with torches to read the tickets - then they told us they could fly us without bags as it would be too late for Geneva soon, ffs! then they were gonna take us to Lyon instead of Geneva..... then at midnight they cancelled it, took us off plane & put us in a hotel (waited for half an hour for bags then 1hr to check in) finally got to bed at 3am! then up at 7am to see what BA were gonna do with the flight...

Then at lunchtime on Xmas eve they announced they had a replacement plane, we waited till 5pm to board and again watched a farce on the tarmac looking for bag discrepancy extra bag (groundhog day)... A senior crew member came to speak to us and told us that they could not fly with the wrong bags in planes and they were being meticlulous in their checking and we understood the reasons why, another hour and half delay we eventually board - getting to Geneva at around 9.30pm on Christmas Eve.....WITH NO F***CKING BAGS!! and having lost an entire day of a 3 day trip.

So we'd experienced delays & cancellations on two sodding planes due to their alleged double checking of bags yet 15 passengers arrive on Christmas Eve with no bags... not so bad on a beach holiday but on a fvcking winter sports holiday it's no joke.

Flaine was ok - by the time we'd cobbled together rental gear and borrowed stuff that we could not rent we'd lost another few hours but still managed a couple of reasonable days - good ski area (not pretty though)... looked like snow tramps in weird ill fitting clothes and lovely rental snowboards with big rubber bumpers lol!

BA were asked not to send my bags to Geneva on the missing baggage report, and via a telephoen call, yet of course they did, one was flown out the day we went home, the other went to Geneva and back two days after arriving home - and was then courriered home to me. Idiots! the level of incompetency is astounding.

Last year BA lost 1.14 million bags... they are officially the most likely European airline to mishandle your luggage.... be warned... this year their forecast for losing bags is higher again!

Recent|

LOL - what a farce - but it's still our favourite airline - apparently!

I've flown hundreds of times and many times with BA with no lost bags.... but it really makes sense to swap kit in different bags if you're travelling with others...

Anyway - Just had £400 in flight vouchers from them for the inconvenience... I'd advise anyone travelling with BA to take as much spare kit in their hand luggage (you simply cannot hire gloves, scarves, thermals, goggles etc)... check your insurance (my egg policy is pitiful)... and well, perhaps just wear everything on the plane!

I'm pleased tor report that last week in Val d'Isere was the polar opposite! totally awesome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BA officially lose more baggage than any other airline. From experience, things are particularly bad if you're daft enough to use Heathrow as a connecting airport. As for their marketing slogan, in computer speak they need to understand that widely used != favourite
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy