Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go for Christmas and New Year 08/09

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now then....

New here so please go gentle! Laughing

After years of my wife working a job that prevented hol's between Christmas and New Year we now the oppotunity to go away this Christmas.

We have been going to Madesimo for the last few skiing trips.... but it is too busy at Crimbo.

Has anyone got any suggestions about a resort that is big enough not to become too crowded over the holidays....

We were thinking of.... Kitzbuel / Zell......

Any thoughs appreciated.

Ta,

Paul
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
R32Paul, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

I think that you will have to accept that anywhere that has skiing and snow will be busy over Christmas/New Year. I've not been to Kitz or Zell at that time of year, so can't comment...but they're both places I would happily spend my Christmas snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, I do remember some commenting recenlty that most defintely Xmas in the Alps is not as busy as New Year.

Les Arcs/La Plagne are good places R32Paul(Welcome) lots of options and huge amount of high areas just in case the snow ain't great.

On that point would anyone know what the snow will be like next December/January Confused Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thefatcontroller, Christmas is definatly quiter than new year from my expereinces and also from locals knowledge.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
R32Paul, spent xmas last year in Tignes. Really enjoyed it - not really busy until around New Year, even so its such a big ski area we did not suffer too many big queues.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
R32Paul, welcome to snowHeads Very Happy

Christmas is a much quieter time than New Year. We like to go to Austria, mostly because they do Christmas so well. The last two years have been in Ischgl and the two before that in Saalbach Hinterglemm. All were wonderful, with plenty of snow and lovely weather. We're trying to decide at the moment where to go for next Christmas, and are wondering about Zermatt for a change. We have to book well in advance because there are eight of us. Whether there's enough snow or not is in the lap of the gods of course, but they've always smiled on us. Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've done XMas & New year in St. Anton / Livigno and Cortina. Xmas is always quieter - but be prepared to be the only one on the slopes (esp. in Italy). I would recommend any of the three - although I think Italy for XMas is a bit more Christmassy.

One thing though - go high. Christmas can be a bit hit & Miss for snow...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy