Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Half-term in Italy, Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me when the half-terms are this season for the locals in Italy and/or Austria, please?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't know the time but the following observations may be of interest.

(1) Both Italians and Austrians seem to have large resorts for grow-ups and smaller resorts for family orientated. Thus even at termed holidays the large resorts is flooded with a lot less children than those in France.

(2) Many Austrian and Italian resorts are advertised on the basis that they are for the family holidays; Serfaus/Fiss/Ladis in Autria and Ortisei/Alpe di Siusi in Dolomistes for example.

(3) Austria has over 320 resorts. A lot of them do not have more than 50km piste and these are used by beginners and children. Due to the small sizes and lack of large number of accommodations they don't get much visited by the international skiers.

(4) French families are not common in Italian resorts and even less so in Austria.

My point is yes they must have mid-term breaks but are affected no where as serious as in the French resorts.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
IIRC Austria split their mid term break, so it would differ from county to county. However in Austria you also need to consider when the German/Dutch/UK mid term breaks are too!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe this week (containing Shrove Tuesday) is the Italian half-term - this is a relatively new innovation for them.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The school holiday thread
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=693734&highlight=#693734
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There is one more week before the beginning of school holidays in Austria, but the official holiday started on Friday in the German regions nearby + in the Dutch/Belgian and Czech schools. Heavy traffic was reported this week-end near the ski resorts in Western Austria.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks to all
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy