Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scott Mission Queries

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have recently bought a pair of Scott Missions in 178 cm length. I have a few issues with the skiis and would appreciate clarification from more knowledgable types than myself.

They have a quoted turn radius of 14.9m, however, On the ski the radius is stated as 17.5/16.5m. Why is this?

The 2 skiis are slightly different shades which made me suspect they were not a matched pair although the serial number is the same on each ski, so guess this means they are properly matched ?

The bar code on the ski was marked as "Scott Mission ver A" what is ver A any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't help with your radius query but I do know that "ver A" means it has been passed at the factory as A Version (Grade A). Scott like, all other ski manufactures, have a strict quality control and sometimes there are minor cosmetic defects on the top sheets (basically the graphic sheet) and whilst structurally sound these will be sold at a discount to the retailer and be known as B Version.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
is the turning radius the same for 178 length as shorter lengths? have you skiied on them yet?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
sledger, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
The Mission in a 178cm give a turn radius of 14.7m, not 14.9m
The Missions use a dual radius technology, I am thinking the 17.5/16.5 figures might refer to that, but I'm not 100%
The graphics should be different on both skis and as such the top sheet graphics would have been made at a different time to one another, therefore not guaranteeing dye batch matching between the 2 graphics.
Ver 'A' is indeed first perfect quality.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dan100, 168 - 13.2m
178 - 14.7m
183 - 15.9m
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
sledger, quite a few Scott skis have a larger radius at the front of the ski than at the tail. According to them, this helps turn initiation whilst providing a rapid "kick" from the tail when exiting a turn. Makes skiing switch "interesting" Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sledger,
Quote:

They have a quoted turn radius of 14.9m, however, On the ski the radius is stated as 17.5/16.5m. Why is this?

The ski has a dual side cut, due to the tapper at the tip. The Shorter radius applies to the running length for the piste, the higher for the full camber, off piste.

Quote:

The 2 skiis are slightly different shades which made me suspect they were not a matched pair although the serial number is the same on each ski, so guess this means they are properly matched ?

The skis are made seperatley and then matched by hand to be paired, this may explain the different topsheet colouring.

Quote:

The bar code on the ski was marked as "Scott Mission ver A" what is ver A any ideas?

'A' is Retail approved.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the responses chaps-seems to make sense now

dan100, I have used them and would say the short radius performance is suprisingly good
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy