Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

English to Italian translation help needed, nut allergy matter.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are away to Claviere on Sunday. My son has a nut allergy and I want to be able to let the hotel staff and the staff at the ski school know. So could someone provide Italian translations of the following phrases please.

"My son has an allergy to all nuts please tell me if they are in any food here at the hotel, whether for him or anyone else."

"My son has an allergy to all nuts, please do not give him anything to eat whilst at ski school. He has the necessary medication in his bag."

I think that should be enough, I propose to print them onto cards and show them to relevant people.

I have considered babelfish and google language but they can sometimes not be accurate and a little literal. I don't want to tell the hotel that his hovercraft is full of eels.

If anyone has any experience of ski schools and allergy issues I would be interetsted to hear about it.

Don't worry about him though as we won't be far away.

Yay six more sleeps snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a two year old with the same, expensive but could try these:
http://www.yellowcross.co.uk/products/7

With ski school just give him his own snack to take, have to show them the epipen though just in case...good luck.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ian bloomfield, Brilliant post. I'm in a slightly different position in that it is my husband who is allergic and then only to walnuts and brazil nuts. If I'm truthful, I hadn't even thought about food in the hotel etc, but I have now thanks to you
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
martski, I'm thinking bumbag with suitable snack and epipen. Mrs b will be lunching with him anyway I think. That yellow cross site is brilliant thankyou.

ickabodblue, no problem glad i could help.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Slightly off topic but...

The doctor we visited last year in Italy didn't speak much English, but she had a fantastic book where there were pictures, and next to each picture a question translated into about 8 languages. Every time she needed to know something like "are you feeling dizzy" she just showed me the picture, I could read the English next to it and ask the kid who'd injured himself.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ian bloomfield, try this it is downloadable too! http://nut.shak.at/italian
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
plectrum, that's a useful link. Do you know of any for other "problem diets"? I'm mainly thinking gluten free but I'm sure others will be interested if there are more.
ian bloomfield, don't mean to hijack your thread...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy