Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

zell am See - beginners (runs open?)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
About to fly out to Zell am See with my kids for our holdiay, only the second time we have skied so still novices. Could anyone let us know what the snow/ski runs are like at the moment? I've seen an entry on a forum which indicated that only the black/red runs are open - and these are icy, with no snow in the village. Yet the snow reports seem to indicate that there is snowfall in Zell am See. Could anyone give me a current or recent update? Are the lower slopes / blue runs are open?

Jo
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Razz
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jo UK, Welcome to snowheads. I don't think you need to worry too much about Austrian snow at the moment. It has been a bit warm lately, but there is plenty of snow about right now. An important point is that places like Zell have much of their pistes over grassland, so you only need 10-20cm of snow for good conditions. There is a bunch of snowHeads in Saalbach at the moment, and Zell is only just down the road from there. Have a look at the "splinter" thread in Events. I think you will be fine.

snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jo UK, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

The snow reports are showing some snow on lower slopes and the forecast is for snow the next few days. My experience of Zell is that they are good an snow management and in keeping the lower runs open. I would be surprised if only black/red runs are open as there are a number of blue runs up the mountain, and at least one of the black runs takes you very low. So if I were you, I'd completely ignore that report, I really can't see it being true.

What may happen, is that the nursery slopes at village level are shut, and they have to use the ones up the hill.

I'm out in Zell next weekend, so I'm hoping for lots of snow this week Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Welcome to Snowheads Jo UK snowHead , Elizabeth B is right, there is usually very good piste maintenance at Zell, and whilst it is possible that some of the resort runs and the lower nursery slopes might be starting to suffer, there are still plenty of options for beginners and novices further up the mountain.

I'm not in Zell at the moment, but I wouldn't worry. If you are using ski school then the instructors will know exactly where to take you to find the bets conditions for teaching. I would imagine the nursey slopes up Schmittental will be fine, and the Kinderland at Hundkopf will be ideal once you're all happy skiing the blue to get to it.

In any case, if you look on www.schmitten.at you can see that all lifts and pistes are currently open. Click on winter, and then pistenstatus.

HtH and happy sliding!

D
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jo -- All the lifts and all the trails are open today. Everywhere is mostly white. They had a small snowshower on Sat. It should be fine.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This site under the resort name Schmittenhöhe/Zell am See confirms today the 27 lifts open out of 27 and 77km piste run open out of 77km available.

From the two weeks I spent in Zillertal and Silvretta Valleys this January I can confirm this site's information is top notch and most up to date, as I based on its information to go round visiting 13 resorts and skied 10 of them.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jo UK, I'm in Zell and I can tell you that all the runs are open and in great condition. The easier (blue) runs in Zell are mainly at the top of the mountain, where the snow is good. You don't need to panic! Today was perfect - sunny skies and new snow (it snowed yesterday). A little more snow is predicted this week. There is very little snow in the town itself, which means you can bring your high heels if you want, but all of the nursery slopes, even those at the very bottom have great coverage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nice, snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
thank you for your responses - much appreciated

jo
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy