Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

usa and canada better to do DIY or package deal?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
question in title really but bearing in mind we will have 2 youngish kids with us
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
To canada, we have always found package cheaper, went a few times, but flying on the scheduled airlines usually air canada, with the supplements (air canada have the most leg room in economy, more than BA) Going to Banff and lake louise we hire a car from rent a wreck in calgary, that was so much better than the buses. Child care in lake louise and sunshine was excellent.

Also went to winter park, when little ones were larger with thomson, it was the flight from hell on the way back, but that was not really thomsons fault, it was the foul mouthed persons on the plane. but winter park was great, super kids ski lessons, buses to ski area were a bit of a pain, but not a bad as banff.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Inghams are pretty cheap.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Banff was cheaper as a pakage deal, Whistler as a DIY. If you go to Banff with kids, hire a car.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am biased here, but I know that you can get better rental gear in Whistler if you DIY. I guess the biggest differences are 1. the service by people that know what they are talking about (and not seasonals ) 2.The ability to try different skis / boards every day.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My brother spent 10 days in Banff. He spent £400 on top of flights, transfer and lift pass. $14 + tax + tips for brekkie. $25 on the mountain each day for drinks and snacks /lunch, Add another $30 - $40 dollars for dinner and drinks. He reckons all in £1300, including some kit hire and lessons ( 3 half days ). Where I spent £265 to go to La Ros, plus lift pass, in a CChalet, and another £80 in beer vouchers. I got 30cm powder, he got 0cm powder.
I dont think hes going back in a hurry
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It depends how long you are going for. Just had 5 weeks in winter park. I booked idependently and with exchange rate got an awsome deal on fabulous condo. Booked through
WPBO (winter park by owner) BA was the cheapest flight with enormous luggage allowence. Some companies will offer free lift passes.Crystal offer some excellent last minute deals to can. and us. snowHead ; price wise you will not better no matter how you try.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If it's your first trip, I'd say go with a tour op, takes a lot of hassle out of it.
If you know where you want to go, it's possible to do it for less than the ops, but it might take a bit more planning, and you have to decide where you want to spend/save money...
e.g. stay in Salt Lake City for $60 for a 2x double bed room per night, inc breakfast, but you'll need a rental car, or use the buses to get to the resorts (25-30 minutes ride)
...or while you're there, go up to the Canyons, and get free lift tickets from Westgate resorts - and free food at the end of the day - all for sitting through a 45 minute sales pitch after skiing.
another Canyons offer is 2 lift tix + 2 lunches for $99
(happen to know these having just returned from there snowHead)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If you are planning to DIY to Canada then you could try these two airlines for cheap deals :-

http://www.airtransat.co.uk/

http://www.flyzoom.com/
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mrs Snowplough and I DIY'd it to Whistler a few years ago. It was much cheaper than a package deal, as we flew out and back on days not used by the tour operators, so air fares were dirt cheap (not much more than £250 per person return to Vancouver.) A very reasonably priced bus from Vancouver up the "Ski and Die" Highway got us to the resort. Overall, the main advantage was the flexibility to have some days in Vancouver in advance and stay for 12 days rather than 7 10 or 14, as offered by the tour operators.

This was, though, all before the Little Snowploughs were in existence. We're going "en famille" for the first time in a couple of weeks with Ski Esprit to La Rosiere, as we couldn't face the hassle of sorting stuff out ourselves with the kids on board.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
susieski, that sounds interesting - a quick google reveals that the site is wplbo, http://www.wplbo.com/. How did you find it to be in a resort that size for five weeks? what were your costs like? You may have seen here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=35761 (although I doubt it) that we're considering a season in the near future, with the current exchange rate a trip to norht america may not be out of the question depending on costs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy