Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

effect the olympics will have on whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i have dreamed of skiing in whistler for about 10 yrs now, but due to kids etc it just hasn't happened and not likely to for a little while yet. next year we will be skiing in france to get the kids started off then i plan to go to whistler once they are that bit older so looking at 2011 as wouldn't even consider trying to go in olympic year. do you think after the olympics have been will whistler become ultra busy and expensive or go back to it's normal self.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Probably for the next couple of years or so, then hopefully will settle down again.

If they get the mixture of weather they often have, rain, bad visability etc they could end up a laughing stock, then prices might be rather cheaper Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It is already expensive.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

It is already expensive

Cant disagree Smile But it is an experience wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Costs no worse than Val d'Isere in my experience. Apart from the actual Olympic weeks I don't think it will make much difference. Went to Sestriere before and after the last Games and it was much the same.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Actually you might do well do come in 2010. History has shown that hosting resorts have low numbers the year they host the winter Olympics, and because of that, the hosting resorts normally get money from the IOC ( i think thats its, the International Olympic Committee ) to re-imburse for lost ticket sales. I believe Whistler is getting some.
I wouldn't suggest coming the week or so before and then during the games, it would be busy then, but early season (december) and then spring skiing will most likely be very quiet, because everyone thinks like you are.
History has also shown, no significant rise in numbers for the years prior and following the games ( skiing numbers that is ) it has seen a small rise in the number of non-skiing tourists.

Naturally it is a gamble, but I am personally looking forward to 2010, not only will I get to see some events up close Smile but it should be a quiet season, which is always good for me, maybe not for local businesses.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy