Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski shops in surrey

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know any good ski shops in surrey, or at a push Hampshire, Berkshire or sussex ?. I am looking for one with a large selection of adult and childrens ski's, googles, clothing etc that is not overly expensive. My 2 fave's are in Essex and its a long way to keep driving back to.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
smileyfatchops, I use Edge 2 Edge in Crawley, link here: http://www.edge2edge.co.uk/

Wouldn't say they're the cheapest but they've got a good range.

For cheap(ish) clothing, try also Tchibo and TK Max (I only know the stores in Bromley, Kent, but I'm sure there must be others in Surrey/Sussex).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
smileyfatchops, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

There's a large S & R in Chertsey (and in Portsmouth). (But they are unlikey to be the cheapest)
A couple of seasons ago I bought some ski wear for my kids in Matchpoint in Cobham and was pleased with that.
I also have used the Europa Ski Lodge in Surbiton.

You may find a range at Sandown ski slope.

There is a big TKMAXX in Farnborough (and an number of other places).

Reading has Carters as its main ski shop.

You could also try online... I've used these before and found them very helpful (2 mum's running an online business from home) http://www.born2becool.com/Pages/child_skiwear.html but there must be others too
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
[b]smileyfatchops

http://www.europaskilodge.co.uk/ and Edge 2 Edge Crawley as mentioned above
S&R also in Brighton now, not as big as Portsmouth but good all the same.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Fialrinskis may be worth a look. Located in Havant they have an excellent range of wintersport product with a wide cross section of prices. Whilst Havant is at the bottom of the A3 it is only 45 minutes from Guildford. They also have a webiste - http://www.filarinskis.co.uk/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
smileyfatchops, You may want to look at www.sandownactivesports.co.uk. In Surrey but not sure how far from where you are.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In Europa ski lodge you will see the same people year on year. Not different antipodeans like central London shops.

Prices are reasonable. Ski servicing is good. The staff are knowledgeable. They do not carry the real high end gear, but they are competitive on what they do stock. No fancy brochures either.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
smileyfatchops, There is also a good shop www.finches-ski.co.uk in S London
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hi,
Thank you so much everyone for such a warm welcome to the site. What a lot of great info. I agree about 'Finches', plectrum, I bought got my ski's from their last year , I was thrilled with the help in choosing my new ski's especially after having to relenquish my old failthfuls for 'new style'. but I find it a hard slog to get into Forest hill from where I am, particularly afterschool etc. I have tried S&R chertsey but pricey & no childrens gloves in right size and have been stalking TXmaXX Kingston on an almost twice weekly basis- never knew there was one in Farnborough, so thanks for that. I will definately try EDGE2EDGE which doesn't look to bad a trip.

Latchigo,thanks for the tip about ski servicing at Europa Ski lodge our Ski's are being serviced in Finches at the moment and we are trying to work out when how & who will be collecting them so its great to have a recommendation close to home. Those online sites look good to so here's to happy shopping.
Many many thanks, Very Happy

By the way, has anyone heard of a company called Snowstorm near Guildford? Apparently they sell new and used skiwear by appointment only.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snowstorm....not used them myself but friends went there and fully kitted out a family of five.
They were pleased with the price/quality. I think they are Trespass end of the market....but nothing wrong with that, plenty of good kit there.
Certainly worth a trip I'd say.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you're going to Crawley Edge2edge, there's also a Trespass shop in the centre of town. Good selection of adult & kids clothing, gloves looked good, made a mental note to go back there next time boys go up a size rolling eyes
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Also TKMaxx there so I discovered. I was quite pleased with myself having got K2 and Salomon socks...........until I got home and compared prices online - not quite the bargain I thought, but still a small saving better than nothing I suppose
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Have used SnR in Chertsey, quite a large store - but, as said above, not the cheapest

TKMaxx also in the Peacock centre in Woking as well as Farnborough.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Latchigo wrote:
In Europa ski lodge you will see the same people year on year. Not different antipodeans like central London shops.

Prices are reasonable. Ski servicing is good. The staff are knowledgeable. They do not carry the real high end gear, but they are competitive on what they do stock. No fancy brochures either.

I can endorse Europa as well.

I needed new heel pieces for my Nordica boots which are about seven years old. I had no luck with Snow and Rock or Ellis Brigham and was told that because Nordica had changed ownership, the parts were no longer available.

I finally tried Europa and the chap in the shop said no problem and changed the heel pieces while I waited.

They are obviously smaller than some of the well known names, however they do know their stuff.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
richjp, I was talking to one of the owners there a couple of years ago. He said Europa were gaining a reputation for sourcing parts for older Nordica boots.
ski holidays
Ray Zorro wrote:
smileyfatchops

Reading has Carters as its main ski shop.

You could also try online... I've used these before and found them very helpful (2 mum's running an online business from home) http://www.born2becool.com/Pages/child_skiwear.html but there must be others too

Reading also has a place called Altimus - bought some gloves there on Sunday and the shop seems pretty good. It seems to stock what I would consider to be at the exensive end of mid-range gear (i.e my gloves cost me £50 which I consider to be dear!)
ski holidays
Hi, Went to Europa yesterday and they were so helpful. My husband was given some Nordica Ski poles for christmas and the baskets came unattached. When we tried to tried to put them on on our holiday we couldn't do it so went off to the local French ski shop. The guy there ended up putting it in a vice, managed to break the basket and the grommet and gouge the paint off the side of one of the poles before announcing they were not the correct baskets. Back in the UK I contacted the shop in Essex that had sold them, who explained that they had been sealed up together in the bag and were definately correct but quite difficult to attatch if you didin't have the right tool, (A hole drilled into a bench), and were surprised that the ski shop didn't know this. As it was too far to go back to Essex I went into the Europa, who knew the supplier in Essex and promptly rang them arranging to get spares from the shop so that they could get them repaired it in time for our hols.
No lengthy drive to the original shop, what service!!!
snow conditions
I remember SnowShoes in Guildford, an independant shop, alas closed now. Very convienient as I lived only 100 meters away.
ski holidays
What a shame! Im sad its not there either as Guildford's only 15 mins away in the car.
latest report
Go to 'In Training' in weyhill Haslemere, they do great kids stuff and hire ski clothing as well, so uber cheap way www.intrainingsports.co.uk
snow conditions
Hi try snowtogs in southampton always been very helpful www.skishops.co.UK
ski holidays
theres that new snow and rock in purley, could be close depending on what side of surrey your from
ski holidays
TKMax has many shops in cluding several in or near Surrey. The TKMax store locator may help you find them.
snow report
Radical Freeride wrote:
smileyfatchops, You may want to look at www.sandownactivesports.co.uk. In Surrey but not sure how far from where you are.

They closed down ages ago.
snow report
spyderjon wrote:
Radical Freeride wrote:

They closed down ages ago.

Sandown Active sports (Esher Dry Slope) is connected to Europa Ski Lodge based in Surbiton, Surrey

Bought my wife's boots there, after some good advice found the skis I eventually bought there, would definitely recommend the place, (their online store is nothing compared to what is in the shop)
http://www.europaskilodge.co.uk/ snowHead

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 7-02-12 13:12; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Folks, this thread is four years old! The first in this group of posts is more likely spam than not, as is the second (given the fact that Southampton isn't in Surrey. wink)

Another fan of Europa here, though, Toofy Grin
snow report
Pedantica, well spotted. Interesting how the first two 2012 posts could be advertising and from people with just one post.
ski holidays
Only time I used Europa was when I got them to service my old board. Got it back and couldn't ride for toffee - felt weird - then noticed they'd put my bindings back on wonky. Can't fault the wax job they did though...
Oh and Missus bought a wooly hat there.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy