Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

To all the 'Half-Term Heros.'

Poster: A snowHead
Ok, we've had a great snowcover, things have been getting a little light recently. We are due snow throughout February and will doubtlesly encourage you to ski anywhere and every where. However, the conditions, to my mind, are the most dangerous for years. Please be careful, understand your equipment and edge on the side of caution. There is always next year, if you're careful. Little Angel
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Back to 'Justin.' Rock with me. Cool
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
SMALLZOOKEEPER, nah, groovin' with Oscar Peterson just now. What a legend.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, This here snow - do you reckon we will get it in the next week?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I think you deserve a

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, yeah.... No.1 priority in the mountains is always safety.... and it's when the sun's out and all seems good with the world that... er ... stuff happens - see a couple of regualrs on here with sad and scary tales in the last few days.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum, you going to Chamonix???
We're not far from Chamonix as the crow flies and it snowing big time. Conditions in this area - Espace Diamant, Megeve, Les Contamines, etc should be great for half term. Could be very different - better or worse - in other parts of the Alps. Weather can be quite localised, even over the next hill is often different.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pam w, Shes going to resort X wink Laughing
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
... However, the conditions, to my mind, are the most dangerous for years...

Why so?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We've just had about half a metre overnight and it's still snowing hard, Meteo France are saying it's going to snow right across the Alps.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
http://www.serre-chevalier.com/Webcam-Monetier-le-Bachas-en
Appears to be snowing heavily here too.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi SMALLZOOKEEPER, Could you be a little more specific about the " ...conditions, to my mind, are the most dangerous for years"?

David@traxvax, Can i assume that La Thuile has had the same amount of snow? any chance of a current conditions update?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, not trying to be patronising but do you understand the basics of avalanche theory? In essence avalanches become more likely when fresh nosw falls on a snow pack to which it cannot bond properly. the avalanche might not happen straight away but unless the bond forms, there is an inherent weakness. Over time the snow will begin to melt and the bind may increase - or it may not.

what we have now is a layer of snow that for several days has been exposed to the sun during the day, melting and softening, which is then cooled at night. fresh snow falling on such a top surface may well not bond at all. Plonk 50cm of snow on a surface to which it cannot bond and you have prime avalanche material. Add in crowds of skiiers who have no idea about such things, loads of untracked powder, a few pairs of fat skis "that allow you ski off piste" and a bit of bravado and you're in for - well, the inevitable, really.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richlott, go to http://www.larosiere.net/?page=14, you'll see Les Suches and Chaz Dura in La Thuile, when I looked about an hour ago it was completely white.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nbt, thanks Very Happy . Yes, I do understand avalanche theory but I didn't realise that is what SZK was talking about.
ski holidays
David@traxvax, Thanks David.
snow conditions
Yup, I'm off to Switzerland again - but the way I see it, although its a big area if it dumps heavily on one part of the alps in France, there is a good chance it will still dump in Mid to West Switzerland.

I'm using this Netweather site as picked up from the weatherhead - it lists Giswil - its dumping down at the moment Very Happy
snow conditions
What nbt said.
latest report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, well thanks for your gracious advice from me and I'm sure from all the majority of posters here who are also half-term heroes
ski holidays
Well, it is that time again, and I liked the title of this thread, so I have revived it.

Best wishes to the Half-term Heroes class of 2010.

Bev, Hippo and I are off to Courmayeur on Sunday.

snowHead
snow report
Why just have a go at the Spanish ?
snow report
Early hours for me, Laax.
snow conditions
Colin B, With the most-excellent Natalie?

snowHead
snow conditions
Have a fantastic half term holiday Heros!!!
latest report
Chris Bish, Yes absolutely, she's all ready to thrash me on the slopes.
ski holidays
Just fininshed work! Fly out to grenoble tomorrow and then to Monetier! I'm so excited. Gonna try to upgrade from Heroe to Deity Little Angel
ski holidays
Colin B wrote:
Chris Bish, Yes absolutely, she's all ready to thrash me on the slopes.

Drop seat and orange in the mouth sir? Laughing
snow report
Scarpa, Behave! She's only 13 (I know, you're not superstitious.)

snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, Laughing

Have fun.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy