Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go for first time in France at end of March?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I posted a question earlier in the week re my daughter and I going to Val Thorens on 29 March.
We have now decided on a half board hotel holiday for the first time skiing abroad, to make it a bit easier! I am 43, she is 14, and I'm a beginner (skiied 25 years ago but not very well) and she is a good intermediate ( been on school trips abroad before).
Is Val Thorens the place to go - need guaranteed snow but I could do with some advice from those in the know please - where would you choose if you were me? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fificat,

I think it was recommended that you have a look at Chalets. They should give you what you need in Val Thorens - Can't rember the one I stayed in but is was fine.

Another possibility is Hotel Du Golf in Les Arc 1800 (should be high enough) - I've not stayed theer personally - but people I have ski-d with said it was fine.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
VT would be good. Alpe D'huez would be another good choice albeit slopes might be slushier due to being south facing (sunnier tho), VT is certainly your best bet for snow sure skiing, albeit given that there is a good case many resorts should still have good cover at the end of March and I think you would be safe to consider les arc, courchevel 1550,1650 or 1850 which will certainly all suit your needs,. Les deux alpes will also be a good choice. I can't remember whehter your dates wil clash with easter. I think VT is a little bleak but the skiing is good. Serre chevalier where I'm going this year is not as high but less of a concrete jungle but given the base its got would be very surprised if not snow sure. I'm only going to comment on french resorts but probably plenty of suitable choices in austria as well-given what you say about your skiing levels might suggest you consider one of the higher austrian resorts
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fificat, VT is fine at the end of April so no worries about the end of March. Not somewhere to go if you like trees though
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Another vote for VT, was there in April last year in a "bad snow year" and it was still excellent. No trees and the village isn't lovely but not bad, skiing is really good though. Another snow sure bet is Saas Fee in Switzerland, most slopes above 2500m and lovely picturesque village resort, lots of half board hotel, not as big and varied slopes as some of the big french resorts but pretty good and very snow sure.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy