Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cortina or Resorts Near Bergamo

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all.

Great site. I have booked flights for a long weekend to Bergamo and am weighing up my options. Im taking my other half for the first time, and want a "good looking " resort. Cortina has been reccomended.

Id be really greatflu for your feedback.

Is cortina that expensive. Ive heard nightmares, is it that bad compared with Chamonix or Tignes etc?.In addition how far of a drive from Bergamo is it?

As a second point, anyone any feedback on Maddona Campiglio.

Thanks in advance for any comments.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bormio? Very attractive medieval town.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi roger1321, welcome to snowheads snowHead

If you're considering driving as far as Cortina, how about one of the Val Gardena resorts (Ortisei, Sta Cristina or Selva), 500+km of linked pistes on the Sella Ronda, "good looking" in the sense of spectacular scenery and pleasing Austrian chalet-style architecture, a feeling of quality about the place.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
roger1321,
I've stayed in Madonna di Campiglio twice, very classy resort but not overly expensive (Diana or Milano Hotels, both ***); nightlife fairly quiet; snow there at the moment looks fantastic. Closer to Bergamo than Cortina or other Sella Ronda resorts-about 2 hours.
Also look at Corvara or Colfosco on the Sella Ronda, both very pretty and you can get hotels right on the piste. About a 3 hour transfer or longer, but worth it once you get there!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am just back from Cortina - Snow is great this year there. Can't comment on the drive from Bergamo, as we flew to Treviso. But for spectacular scenery it is definitely at the top of the list. Also I didn't find it expensive. We stayed half board in a great hotel (Majoni) and was very reasonable. Mountain restaurants were no more expensive than any other ski resort (cheaper than many in France).
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helly,

im going there on saturday for a day on the way to kronplatz. any recommendationsas as to which area will be the best for a days fairly easy cruising skiing for getting ski legs back?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
nick0861,
Where are you staying in Kronplatz? And how are you travelling there? Always wanted to get there but not managed it yet.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
tessaventer,

i have friends that live in padova so we are flying into venice - staying with them in padova for the night and then driving up to kp via cortina. its about two hours to cortina and maybe another hour to kp - i highly recommend it - its pretty snow sure due to a massive snow gun network (100% coverage) and virtually every lift is a high speed gondola thanks to some weird tax break they have there. its very germanic with little italian spoken.

if flying its probably quicker to get there from innsbruck - i think the transfer is around an hour to an hour and a half from there. you can book local accomodation through a the area website : http://www.kronplatz.com/en/

we got an amazing deal - staying in a two bed apartment with four of us sharing - paying about 150 euros all in for three nights (and thats between the four!!)

the skiing is good as well - very few brits though (which is either good or bad depending on your point of view). our firends have the season dolomiti super ski pass and ski pretty much every w/e somewhere in the dolomites - kp is their favourite place
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
tessaventer,

sorry i relaise i didnt answer your question - this is where we are staying:

http://www.treyer.it/

our friends have stayed there before - its nice but you need a car
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The apartment building looks v. nice. Is it anywhere near the pistes as it doesn't look to be in Kronplatz itself?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
no its in a village called terenten which is about a 20 minute drive from the main pistes - nto ideal but we are driving so not too much of a problem for us - not somewhere you would want to go if you want to hit the apres

i will have a better idea when i get back next week - will let you know if you want
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
nick0861, Have a good one
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy