Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Serre Che, ski hire and resort passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My friends and I have just booked a holiday in Villeneuve 1400 w/o 23rd, and they would like to organise ski hire and resort passes before we get out there. It looks like it's possible to buy the passes off the resort website, so does anyone know of a decent ski hire shop?

This is my first time going to Serre Che, so I'd also like to know where to head for the steeps, and where the best off piste is, if anyone can help with that it'd be ace!

And most importantly, are there good places to drink and eat round that way?

Sorry for all the questions - it's been a couple of years since I skied so I'm getting a wee bit excited

Ali
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
alisim, Hello!

I cant answer your questions. But there are many local Serre Chevalier residents who will be able to answer your questions in due time.

Being a fellow skiier, I can imagine your excitement.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
alisim, you can order your ski passes online, and get them posted to the house if you order in time (up to 15 days before you arrive) Where are you staying in Villeneuve?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks Helen, might just do that now - once less thing to do in the resort. My friend's being rather coy with accommodation information - not sure that that's a good sign, but hey, so long as I get on the snow I don't care. All I know is that it's a private let, sleeping 7. I will endeavour to find out more info though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
alisim, Just ask which lift you are near, and I can probably work it out.
alisim,
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Helen,

found out that the place we are going to be staying is called Résidence Pierre & Vacances L'Alpaga. http://www.hotelclub.net/hotel.reservations/Pierre__Vacances_lAlpaga_Residence_Serre_Chevalier.htm

Cheers, ali
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
alisim OK, I've stayed there myself, the apartments are fairly new and OK, but 7 of you may be a bit cramped (3 on sofabeds in small lounge).
Several decent ski shops just nearby. Your nearest lift is the Pontillas gondola. There is loads of off-piste. Head towards Monetier sector (take Balme Chair from Frejus-pontillas gondola, then down to Frejus chair, then Balme). Off piste from Cucumelle (point peak straight in front of you at top of Balme), or head towards Monetier, and there is Montagnole. Loads of other routes too, I'll let the regulare suggest some more. If you have a car, and are serious skiers, head to La Grave (guide necessary). Loads of good places to eat and drink in Villeneuve, Pastelli in Le Bez is my favourite.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for that mini guide. There are only going to be 6 of us, but I'm sure it'll be cramped anyways - it'll just add to the fun. I'd love to ski La Grave, but I don't know if any of the rest of my group would be up for it. Might do a day there anyways if I can find some people to chip in for a guide, but otherwise I'll be kicking about on the off piste in Serre Che. Looking forward to it already.

If anyone else has suggestions for routes / places to check out that'd be fantastic.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
alisim, we could meet up and show you around. PM me for more details.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was there for a day 11 days ago and it had just been blasted by the wind - nothing but crust and breakable crust off-piste, even though some snow had fallen at the same time. But if the recent snow has stuck you may be OK again now.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was there for a day 11 days ago and it had just been blasted by the wind - nothing but crust and breakable crust off-piste. I don't think it has snowed since, so I think you need to pray for a new fall (without wind). Andwith conditions that allow it to bind. Or perhaps spring snow conditions.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowball, all is fine. It snowed yesterday and more expected tonight. I skiied off-piste yesterday and it was great.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Oh good. It hasn't registered on the SCGB snow reports yet (perhaps because it is a weekend). I notice my edit came out as a new post (Doh)
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowball, why dont you use http://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Serre-Chevalier/3day/top
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy