Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My New Favourite Drill

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Had a lesson on the dry slope last night. My new instructor is hideously young, he must be about twelve, I swear it's not just doctors/policemen who're getting younger. Any how, for such a young chap he was very good and I feel I made real progress.
He didn't like the tea-pot drill for the dryslope and preferred a variation where you hold your poles out horizontally to the sides and as you turn you make a low sweeping movement over the mat with the downhill pole. it felt great so if you see a dork skiing like that in Italy it will be me!
He said that when I turn to the right (my bad side) that I should take things slower and smoother as I tend to rush things on that side, and that really helped, my downhill ski did not slip away from me at all.
After a few runs on the main slope he decided it was time to try the jump slope, not to jump but to try to carve and hold the edge on a steeper slope. I got to the top and thought "this is steep and this is snowflex" - I don't like either so I lost it big time. The problem here is in my head so that's what I'm going to work on this week. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you seen how young the pope looks!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jbob, I remember when he was an altar boy!!!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ickabodblue, yep - that one is a very popular on the pistes too - so you won't look such a dork as many instructors use this method. It helped me loads and I always dreaded skiing without my poles.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ickabodblue, 'Aeroplane Turns' Really good for angulation.
Amazing when you get old isn't it, even Policemen start to look young. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
parlor, Laughing I was just going to suggest a Makita
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor, Not keen on the colour. Do they come in pink? Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pink drill
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
COOL Cool
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevinrhead, That is gorgeous, I want one !!!! Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This week we were concentrating on "keeping the upper body quiet" (it will take more than a few ski exercises to keep me quiet!!)
First exercise was to hold your poles behind your back at about hip level, weird at first and I worried that it might put me in the back seat, but, after a few runs I quite liked it and did feel it helped.
Next we had to hold the poles like swords and hold them vertically in front, ie straight up in the air, concentrating on keeping them parallel. Didn't work for me. My upper body was still but very stiff and nothing flowed.
The aeroplane one is still my favourite but we will see what our young instructor comes up with next week. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy