Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bourg St Maurice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
posted this in the Chalet section but not having much luck

I am looking for an apartment in the Bourg area for a short Easter Trip. Flying in early Thursday 20th march and out on the Monday 24th. I know this is Easter weekend but was wondering if anyone could recommend anywhere or any websites. It will be for myself the wife and my 11 year old nephew

Anyone in ideas
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ajbaldwin, Would suggest you register and ask here to, as Peter who runs the site lives in Bourg

http://mysnowsports.com/index.php
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ajbaldwin, Ah shoite, just noticed you have sorry.... snowHead

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 31-01-08 10:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do a search as there are a lot of pensions in BSM. I stayed with Hotel Arolla in 2003 and paid 230 Euro for two B&B for 4 nights. In 2004 I stayed in Peter Garwood's 2-person self-catering studio flat and charged a total of 460 Euro for 14 days. PG's two properties seem to have been grabbed by others for long term lets.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Saikee

What is a pension? is it like a chalet hotel? I ideally want a self catering apartment, not a hotel room.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
"demi-Pension" is half board so I guess that "pension" is B&B or even room only
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Think pension stands for B&B for many accommodations in Europe, especially in France, Italy and Austria.

Self catering is more difficult to get for less than a week. This applies to everywhere.

To be fair you want to go there in Easter when every accommodation owner wouldn't have a problem in selling the accommodation spaces. Self catering also attract an extra cost of cleaning up afterward.

There are plenty cheap eating places in BSM. It has a MacDonald too. Is it worth the effort to shop for food and do the cooking after a day's skiing, all for two persons? Unless you have a car going to supermarkets can be a long walk as they tend to concentrate at the edge of BSM.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Saikee

Its for 3 people as Iam taking my nephew, which is why I want an apartment, after a full day on the hill he is pretty knackered and usually goes to bed early. so we are a bit stuck as what to do as we don't want to leave him on his own
latest report
 brian
brian
saikee,

Chambre d'hote is the French name for B&B. Pension is like board in English, so a Pension is a boarding house, pension complet is full board, demi pension is half board.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I am glad we have that sorted out

Sadly its not helped me find a place, but I feel more informed
ski holidays
 brian
brian
ajbaldwin, Embarassed

This is the list of s/c properties from the BSM tourist office.

http://www.lesarcs.com/IMG/pdf/liste_meubles_bourgsaintmaurice_2005.pdf

Hope that's slightly more helpful. Little Angel
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hello Brian, only joking mate

Yes I have seen that, but as my french is pretty poor I email them asking if they had a list of email addresses that I could try

but sadly I got this response

Good afternoon,

No, we are sorry.

Best regards.

Le 31/01/08 9:50, «

Hello Again

Do you have a list with email addresses on it, because it will be easier to email people

I have posted on a few other sites and email some people direct so I might get some luck there
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy