Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Equipment: what are the 'not quite essentials?'

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there,

me and a friend are going boarding in La Plagne on saturday (was going to be Val d Isere but we got a phone call this morning telling us that they had overbooked the hotel. tossers). i would be greatful if any of you seasoned skiers/snowboarders knew of some comforts to take along. i was thinking along the lines of hip flasks, heat packs etc.

cheers & happy skiing[/size]
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
lpshippen, Welcome to SnowHeads Hmm, wonder if it is anything to do with the WC race being in Val d'Isere on Saturday Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Didn't know about that, makes a bit more sense now. i'm sure they found out about that before this morning! although, as soon as i hit the slopes i'm sure i won't care!! cheers
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
lpshippen, welcome to Snowheads. Impact shorts and wrist guards are not exactly "not quite essentials..." but they can certainly aid your comfort. Heat packs are probably cheaper in resort. Ibuprofen - tablets and gel - are infinitely cheaper in the UK because you can only by medication in pharmacies in France. Take some duty free (if you are flying into Geneva it counts as outside EU, so you can get better bargains) and buy mixers in resort, if you are trying to save a bit of money. I'd rather be going to La Plagne than Val D'Isere, personally. Have fun. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
lpshippen, They offer you any compo wink Or at least an upgrade Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
immodium, cocodamol and ant acids. Everything covered then! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anybody see the boot dryer in the last Fall-line mag. I want to get me one of those but not quite essential.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, it looked quite good that.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lpshippen, If you haven't been to La Plagne before I don't think you will be to dissapointed Cool Laughing

Deinitely hip flask. Go to local shop and buy a 40% proof bottle of Genepe, looks like green washing up liquid in a bottle. You should pay about 10-15 euro. Fill hip flask. Enjoy week. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bones, they have given us similar accommodation in La Plagne 1800 which seems to be a quiet village just outside of main La Plagne. We're going to get the difference back. We wanted somewhere a bit more lively in the evenings but what can you do?! its not too far from main La Plagne so we'll just bus/taxi it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
These handwarmers are GREAT for slipping into your gloves. So slim you can still grip a ski pole (if that way inclined wink ).
http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/MyCoal-Disposable-Hand-Warmers

Used them @ Christmas, and they easily last a whole ski day.

HipFlask is a must, too.

Happy sliding Cool

CD.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy