Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Adjusting binding length?? how??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
got some skis off a mate to try for a day, He is the same height and built, except hes a size 9 and im 11 boot size.

anyhelp?

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fil, length & forward pressure both need adjusting as does the DIN as boot length is one of the factors in the calculation.

Binding may adjust enough depending how they were set-up at install.

If you're having to ask then take 'em to a store adjacent the slope.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Intend to take them to a shop, as the whole din setting scares me, want it right!

basically, just want to make sure my large boots fit, nothings broken etc , before i lug them all the way to switserland for a day!

As if they are no good ill hire some etc
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fil, Gotcha. There's a flat metal tab that protrudes from the rear of the heelpiece - if you look closely at it you'll see a series of locating holes in either side of it going into the body of the heelpiece. Stick a wide flat blade screwdriver under the tab & turn it to lift up the metal tab which will disengage the heelpiece locking mechanism that locates in the holes. With the tab held up slide the heelpiece fully to the rear & release the tab to lock the heelpiece in place. Test to see if boot will fit. If boot is still too long your screwed but if it fits take to store for DIN & forward pressure adjustment. The forward pressure adjustment is correct when the end of the heelpiece body aligns in the series of scored lines on the end of the metal tab when the boot is in place - get the guy in the store to show you.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
There's a flat metal tab that protrudes from the rear of the heelpiece

i cant even see that?

latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You should be able to find somthing in here that can help. http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1641595
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fil, Nor can I now you've posted that pic. I thought they were Axium bindings with the tab release than ran along the X-Plate. The older Axium's/X-Plate's had to be drilled to the specific boot length so if that's the case you've can't adjust them. The only thing you can do is unscrew a heelpiece to see if there's a choice of pre-drilled mounting holes for different boot lengths underneath.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bugga! drilled so unadjustable, not to worry, ill have to hire some for the day,

thanks for the help.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy