Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

POLL - Who wears helmets and when?

What do you wear on your head whilst skiing/boarding?
Wouldn't catch me on the slopes without a helmet
63%
 63%  [ 218 ]
I'll wear one when the going gets tough or I need to set an example, but not all the time
15%
 15%  [ 53 ]
Think of me as thix (thixotrophic that is!!). Gel based protection here (or similar)
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Beany there and done it - can't beat a warm woolly beany
11%
 11%  [ 40 ]
Real skiers/boarders do it unprotected from the elements - that's me!
6%
 6%  [ 24 ]
I'm thinking about it (while I still have a brain)
2%
 2%  [ 8 ]
Voted : 345
Total Votes : 345

Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

but it would takes a Fence Sitter to come up with unbiased questions and there ain't many of them on here

But a fence sitting wouldn't care enough to put one up.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't do anything mad but last season bought a helmet. 2 reasons 1. My daughter was going to try skiing for the first time and I wanted to set her a good example and 2. The Rep who was showing us around on the first day concussed himself on the first run of the day in a very inocuous looking fall.
Now that I've spent the money I'm going to wear it.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
[b but it would takes a Fence Sitter to come up with unbiased questions and there ain't many of them on here wink

I'm a fence sitter and here are the options:
1. I wear one because I want to.
2. I don't wear one because I don't want to.

Everything else is just BS.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Those options wouldn't work for any on here that are Sikhs
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Megamum, skiing Sikhs - oh yes, see them all the time.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Don't wear one for cycling to/from the station which is infinitely more dangerous though so no logic in my view.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Lizzard, Evidence here (OK so some might not call it actual skiing, but I think it qualfies as evidence)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=266524
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum wrote:
rob@rar, Those options wouldn't work for any on here that are Sikhs

Option 2 rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
thefatcontroller, mark_s, Just seen the pics of your 'mates' - I am sueing you for damage to my eyesight
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, what do you mean 'evidence'? That has about as much validity as cut 'n' pasting from Wikipedia to complete a PhD thesis.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Megamum, A career at the Old Bailey awaits you rolling eyes Laughing
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lizzard, weeeeellllll, 'twas all I could find on a quick goggle of 'skiing sikhs' - I'm sure there must be folks out there that log what is searched for - I bet that had them wondering Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DebbiDoesSnow, I never claimed it was going to be pretty rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I guess from the sudden change in votes that all the Sock puppets have come out of the woodwork to vote as well Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
[b but it would takes a Fence Sitter to come up with unbiased questions and there ain't many of them on here wink

Everything else is just BS.

Most accurate comment so far!
latest report
Am on day 2 of the annual "I'm not wearing my helmet" . . . "Oh Yes you are" argument with my 15-year-old. We have 2 more weeks of this before we go and I'm grinding my teeth already. Showing him the comments on the other thread on the topic hasn't made a difference. All the emotional blackmail, threats etc are piling up on all sides.

Suggestions please!
snow conditions
SuburbanSkier, Tell the little shoite he ain't paying for the trip amd that as he is under the agent of consent either he does what you say or he can stay forking home. Helmet on slopes or his helmet in his hand on the sofa on his own at home for the week. His choice. To much childern interaction and consultation. Toofy Grin

I of course do nothing my kids tell me to Confused Laughing
latest report
I'm guessing it's his own helmet, ie not hired? I reckon giving kids a smelly hire-shop helmet is a bit harsh.

Take him to the park and watch the freestylers - no doubt, alot of them will be wearing helmets.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Wed 30-01-08 23:52; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Quote:

Yeah, and if we'd started with just those as options, people would have said, I wear a beany, gel based job - does that count, only wear a helmet sometimes I can't vote etc. People have shot holes in my choice of answers, I'd have shot just as many holes in the choices in the above quote. At least I had the b@11's to try a vote. No one else had taken the plunge. If folks don't want to vote because they don't like/agree with my suggested answers then the answer is clear, just don't vote!! It's not compulsory it was just meant as a bit of a fun thing to do and just to get some idea of wether folks tended towards not wearing or wearing. If you don't like the heat just stay out of the kitchen...comprendo?

Sheesh.............you try and give a group of people something interesting to do for a few hours rolling eyes

Still at least the usual group of moaners haven't let me down. At least this place certainly adds weight to the old addage that you can't please all the people all the time. There ought to be a similar saying along the lines of 'it will always be the same few you can't please any of the time'

wink Laughing Mind you these days I often feel its easier just to ignore the noise Laughing Laughing wink
snow conditions
Megamum, I think rob@rar was just giving us a pearl of wisdom, not making a criticism.
snow report
Still no votes for the thixothropic option - helmets lined with toothpaste/ketchup as far as I can tell.
snow conditions
Megamum, rolling eyes
snow conditions
Megamum, good for you - nice to see a poll with lots of participants.
latest report
stoatsbrother, Yes, I'm really pleased with the numbers that have voted Very Happy
latest report
Megamum, the highets number of votes ever on a snowheads poll, and no one has even threatened to leave snowheads either, but when you ask for 'no chit chat' you are asking for trouble Laughing
snow report
Quote:

Megamum, the highets number of votes ever on a snowheads poll

Wow!! Mind you we already knew there was a lot of interest in the subject. I still wonder the gel beany wearers are - there were several in the other thread that claimed to be using them. Maybe they are not interested because I put 'helmet' in the thread title maybe I'll change it later.
snow report
Well I know all my sock puppets voted Toofy Grin

Megamum I think if you look at the numbers there will be more votes than active posters Laughing
Sometimes I think the silent majority on here like nothing more than taking the mickey Confused
latest report
Megamum, ah...you meant gel beanies not brylcreem?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well I've been good - my sock puppet hasn't voted!!
ski holidays
Generally all the time, although yesterday had couple runs on dry slope after a pop in the bar so I couldn't be bothered getting one of the plenty helmets they have there. That was first time I've skied sans helmet in perhaps three, four years.
snow report
Megamum, does your sock puppet wear a boot and a helmet?
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, and if we'd started with just those as options, people would have said, I wear a beany, gel based job - does that count, only wear a helmet sometimes I can't vote etc. People have shot holes in my choice of answers, I'd have shot just as many holes in the choices in the above quote. At least I had the b@11's to try a vote. No one else had taken the plunge. If folks don't want to vote because they don't like/agree with my suggested answers then the answer is clear, just don't vote!! It's not compulsory it was just meant as a bit of a fun thing to do and just to get some idea of wether folks tended towards not wearing or wearing. If you don't like the heat just stay out of the kitchen...comprendo?

Sheesh.............you try and give a group of people something interesting to do for a few hours rolling eyes

Still at least the usual group of moaners haven't let me down. At least this place certainly adds weight to the old addage that you can't please all the people all the time. There ought to be a similar saying along the lines of 'it will always be the same few you can't please any of the time'

wink Laughing Mind you these days I often feel its easier just to ignore the noise Laughing Laughing wink

is this the first ever Megamum strop/rant ?? Laughing Laughing
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
Megamum wrote:
Quote:

is this the first ever Megamum strop/rant ?? Laughing Laughing

Looks like it, and like many rants on a rather silly topic rolling eyes
ski holidays
You call that a rant? You ought to wait until I get wound up!! Nah, sense of humour still well and truely in tact here Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Just read something that said 40% of sliders in the US wear a helmet. I'd think it is much less in Europe - anyone seen a figure?
latest report
Megamum has a sock puppet Shocked I though Megamum was a sockpuppet Twisted Evil

Only joking MM wink
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow,
Quote:

Megamum has a sock puppet I though Megamum was a sockpuppet

Now that's a thought that hadn't occured to me, c'mon Whitegold we know it's you Laughing
snow conditions
boredsurfin, I thought 'she' was Tim Brown?

Wink
ski holidays
I haven't voted as there isn't really an option. I don't have a helmet. I have tried on loads of them, and they are either uncomfortable or do not fit properly. I have enough problems getting an adult hat to fit my head, never mind a helmet. problems I have had-ones that fit are childrens ones, and look like childrens one. I can't hear anything. Too big.Wrong shape. Chin strap chokes me. I will continue to look.
latest report
Helen Beaumont, I too have a small head, I found that the R.E.D. female XS fits as snug as a bug, nice adjustable padded chin strap. Also comes in decent colours or designs too if you like that kind of thing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy