Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Damn EastJet - Boots as hand luggage - who to believe....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
If we're talking danger to other passengers what about the large 1l glass bottles you can buy in duty free full of flammable liquids, thats what really annoys me about all the regulations
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Guys,

just to let you know, we got our boots lifted by security because they're on the list of "unauthorised" carry-on items.... have been googling since I got back and can find no reference to this

Because our flight was delayed we could not check them into the hold of the airplane, however we were told they'd be put on.... still no sign of them and now having an argument with our insurers and the airline ever since

We'd gone through Stansted without a problem on the way out!!!!!

I'd appreciate if anyone finds any information about these regulations letting me know

Joe
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
slowjoe, which airport?

Luton, Stansted, LGW & LHR, GVA all been fine in my past experience
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK guys, as promised, here is the response from Bournemouth Airport -

Mr XXXXXX - I have checked with security and have been told that you are now allowed to take your ski boots in your one item of hand baggage. For the permitted size of bagge please refer to the security notes on our website. Have a good time. Regards, Tricia

tricia.XXXXXX@bournemouthairport.com
Secretary / Administrator
Bournemouth International Airport
t + 44 (0) 1202 364116

So that seems to confirm that EasyJet and Bmth are ok with it, just need to check with Grenoble - though it's not so bad putting them in the hold on the way back if need be. Should they go missing on the way home, at least I'll have the best part of a year to get get new ones sorted before next seasons trip(s).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fatbob wrote:
slowjoeLuton, Stansted, LGW & LHR, GVA all been fine in my past experience
I phoned Stanstead a month ago and security said they do not allow boots in hand luggage. (The girl I spoke to first did not know this but refered the question to security when I insisted).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Oppps,

sorry about this, first time user, put WARNING Biarritz Airport in the subject not realising it doesnt show up.

I've flown throught Dublin and Stansted without a problem with boots - and stansted it so tight - but Biarritz is the one who I got the "its on the list" but no list could be produced.... cant argue too much with security as I wanted to fly sometime.

I've just gotten an email from Ryanair who say they're trying to locate the boots for me.... hey I thought I'd get a sod off, but didn't - they're moving up in my estimation....

will keep you all informed
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
East Mids Easyjet tried to charge us £18 for being 3kg over.
I had no hand luggage at all, Mrs Dub small rucsack.
Mrs Dub took a ski boot out of hold luggage and asked if we could put it in with the skis. Answer 'yes'. Rewighed hold luggage, now 2kg so £12 fine.
Wouldnt fit in ski bag. Replaced boot in hold luggage and check in wrote out fine ... £12!
Asked if I could wear said footwear onto plane replied 'no'.

Breezed through Geneva on return with one boot in hand luggage.
Suspect scales rigged at EMA.

Flying has become so much of a b@llache Id rather drive.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IMT, Definitely 100% no way you will be allowed through Grenoble with your boots in your hand luggage; there are signs at the check in desks, signs as you approach security checkpoint, and I saw people who ignored both sent back by security to have them checked into the hold. Very strict on it there.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
johnnyboy, Thanks for that. At least that seems genuine advice - I believe that you've been through there a couple of times recently.

It's funny though, that there are/were the same signs and Bmth Airport, but they have spoken to security and confirmed that it IS ok to have them as hand luggage.

I think I'll check 'em in the hold for the return leg!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy