Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Moved: Boots

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
First of all I'd like to say hi as this is my first post. Been skiing for about 9 years and did 7 months race training so have improved pretty fast and can tackle most thats thrown at me.

Anyway having bored you with my life story lets get down to it.

My dad has said now that my feet have stopped growing (I'm 17) we are going to look into getting me some boots, and some good ones at that. Either race ones or one step down from that.

Anybody have any advice as make makes and models that are good. or some to avoid.
I know at the end of the day it is down to personal feel but any pointers?

Thanks in advance all.

Charlie
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
WalkAbout, Hi and welcome. I know nothing about boots but we have some experienced boot fitters who will hopefully be along soon, ( though they might all be in bed by now wink )
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bump
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
WalkAbout, I'd say that a trip to a good bootfitter is required, someone who knows about race boots if that's what you think you might be interested in. Try http://www.solutions4feet.com/ in Bicester. The guy who runs it, Colin Martin, gets rave reviews around here, including from me, and is also a frequent contributor to the forum (CEM).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Race boots you have loads of choice but they can be a little restrictive for allround skiing perhaps a comprimise of getting somthign with a 110 flex and it will be a bit of an all rounder. A good boot fitter goes from important to essential with race boots due to the fit and flex, The decision will just depend on your foot shape and what you are after. Cant go far wrong with the Atomic and Saloman race boots RC & Falcon. But you also have the M110 and the impact 10 and pro? Happpy shopping
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ordhan wrote:
... you also have the M110

I have a pair of these this season and very happy with them.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
WalkAbout, A 'good' boot is dependant entirely on the ability of a bootfitter to chose a boot that best matches the shape of your foot, fabricate an orthotic footbed to support and stabilise your foot inside the boot (making it more comfortable and precise) and make any necessary adjustments/shell modifications.

True race boots are the narrowest most precise boots on the market. Thus, if your foot is not extremely narrow a large amount of work will be required to get you into a correctly sized race boot. Almost all manufacturers are now producing 'freeride' boots based on their race moulds but 3mm wider in the forefoot to accomodate wider feet and with flexes that better suit all-mountain riding (anything between 80 to 130).

If you are looking for this kind of precise fit then it's important you get to an experienced bootfitter. As already mentioned solutionsforfeet.com or LockWoods in Leamington Spa are your best bets.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy