Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TK Maxx - Ski clothing sale started

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

just letting you know the sale started last week - picked up some solomon salopetts half price Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't sales normally occur part way/end of season ?

I'm waiting for Decathlon to bring out the ski gear
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kendadj, Decathlon have their ski gear in stock, at least at Surrey Quays store.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kendadj, it's always sale time at T K Maxx but they only start getting the ski stuff in around now. I went to our local one towards the end of September, and there was nothing then. All the Decathlon gear is in their French shops. I shall be looking into T K Maxx as soon as we're back in UK, end of October. You need to be feeling strong, though, to sort out the few things worth buying in amongst the tat.

(I like their kitchen/cooking stuff too - some very good quality stuff at low cost).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
They're had ski gear at TKMaxx since september...it was all rubbish trespass, dare2be etc stuff
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I got a new ski jacket a few weeks ago in TK Max, it's a Surfanic one, it has every possible detail imaginable for a ski/snowboard jacket and a bargain at only €89 for this season's fashion. Also got my new wife new Scott ski pants on Saturday. There is alot of tat there but some real gems also but it's very hot in the Dublin store so better to get in and out quickly.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Decathlon in Stockport have their ski gear in too. wish I had some money to buy some!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
IME, the local TKMaxx starts to get its skiing stuff in from the beginning of September but it tends to be mixed in with the general "Active Wear" clothing. During October they set up the skiing rails (and I'm sure gear gets a bit more expensive i.e. I've seen identical fleeces priced at £17 in "Active Wear" and £20 in "Skiing"). This year they seem to be pushing a lot of Nike ACG jackets, at reasonable prices.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
nbt wrote:
Decathlon in Stockport have their ski gear in too. wish I had some money to buy some!

That's my nearest. Funny there was nothing on the website about ski gear being out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well it's been there for a couple of weeks now, I popped in to pick up some bike bits and saw it
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'll have to get over there - I think the kids will need new ski suits this year (they keep growing !)

Did you think that they had the full range in ?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kendadj, a friend of mine has just been into the Kingston TKMaxx (a fairly large one) this morning and said there were rails and rails of ski stuff. I'm going to get my ass over there later this week. Maybe this will be the year in which I bury my 13 year old fartbag! Cool
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2 full aisles, so yes, full range Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

nbt wrote:

That's my nearest. Funny there was nothing on the website about ski gear being out

Decathlon website is remarkably useless.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
TK Max in Norwich has had some ski stuff for a few weeks. Some good gloves at reasonable prices, some decent goggles, but limited selection of salopettes so far, which is what I actually need!
ski holidays
Bought a nice little ski jacket in the Bletchley (MK) TK Maxx at the end of September. Not that I needed a new jacket, but you know, it was there, & very well priced... They had loads of stuff, some of it very decent - not all Trespass etc. (not that there's anything wrong with that - my favourite salopettes are from Trespass, & they're still going strong after many weeks & many washes...).
ski holidays
Just got some half price Level pipe gloves.
latest report
Quote:

Don't sales normally occur part way/end of season ?

kendadj, You would think wouldn't you? I went in ot a ski shop in Harrogate of all places at the end of last season when a sale was advertised. No ski gear and was told " oh we have a ski sale at the start of next season before the new stuff comes out". Well I never expected that Shocked

However. I shall be in TK Maxx tomorrow scoping out any new gear wink .
snow report
Wow! Went to Tacky Max (as the kids call it Very Happy ) in Southampton yesterday, loads of ski gear but no decent socks Sad
latest report
Jo225 wrote:
Bought a nice little ski jacket in the Bletchley (MK) TK Maxx at the end of September. Not that I needed a new jacket, but you know, it was there, & very well priced... They had loads of stuff, some of it very decent - not all Trespass etc. (not that there's anything wrong with that - my favourite salopettes are from Trespass, & they're still going strong after many weeks & many washes...).

My salopettes are Trespass, next holiday will be their 6th year of skiing, and they have been excellent - bone dry, nice and warm - perfect! They were from TK Maxx and cost about £30 Very Happy
snow conditions
not much in TK near me at the mo' Sad
snow report
papasmurf wrote:
They're had ski gear at TKMaxx since september...it was all rubbish trespass, dare2be etc stuff

When did that stuff become "rubbish"?

If you are bothered about "labels", then TK Maxx may not be the best choice for you (although they do sometimes have stuff n from the so-called better names too).
latest report
alex_heney wrote:
papasmurf wrote:

When did that stuff become "rubbish"?

If you are bothered about "labels", then TK Maxx may not be the best choice for you (although they do sometimes have stuff n from the so-called better names too).

Its not so much rubbish rather than tends to be bulky overpadded stuff. Its fine if that's what you want - keeps people nice and warm and dry but not great for layering. Same with ski socks - the majority they sell are thick "trad" socks which we know aren't ideal.
snow report
and it looks like tat.

nothing against TK maxx, got some decent goretex over trousers from there aswell as plenty of jeans etc and will be getting some scott gloves from them if they ever get XLs in 19.99 for goretex ski gloves..bargin.
snow conditions
fatbob,
Quote:

Same with ski socks - the majority they sell are thick "trad" socks which we know aren't ideal.

Yep, thats all they had in Southampton yesterday Sad I guess I'll have to buy on line from CEM
snow report
papasmurf wrote:
and it looks like tat.
err, 'scuse me - my salopettes don't look like tat, thank you very much! wink
latest report
I've got a d2b jacket for spring skiing, got it cheap, not bulky or tatty, does a great job for what it is.
If you yearn for reassuringly expensive gear papasmurf, try googling "archteryx" or "spyder."
ski holidays
if I google "archteryx" will it tell me how to spell Arc'teryx properly?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
papasmurf, I couldn't resist - the answer is yes. Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
I see ski snobbery is still alive and well.

Dare I say I'm looking foreward to Aldi getting there stock in Smile
snow conditions
nowt wrong with Trespass - or Dare2be, come to that. Or Decathlon's Wedze. I have a Trespass jacket used for 2 solid seasons, and much washed (in the right stuff) and it's still good. The trouble with Tacky Max (what a great name!) is that you do have to wade through the tat to find good stuff. But personally I'd rather have a cheaper outfit and spend the difference on top class lessons. I don't find, looking around me, that there's much correlation between the skill of the skier and the "cool rating" of their labels.I suppose it's just that some folk need the ego boost of a big label. wink.
ski holidays
*evil ponder* what to make Hurtle google next..
latest report
pam w,
Quote:

I'd rather have a cheaper outfit and spend the difference on top class lessons

Me too, but I suspect that I'm pushing the boundaries - and not in a good way - by continuing to wear a 15 year old fartbag (albeit that it cost me an arm and a leg when I bought it, is a sober navy blue, is only slightly faded and is still perfectly weatherproof)! wink

papasmurf, Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Quote:

Quote:

nbt wrote:

That's my nearest. Funny there was nothing on the website about ski gear being out

Decathlon website is remarkably useless.

Was not too enthused by the stock in Canada Water Decathlon. Website is now up to date though.
latest report
Hurtle, I was very sad to part with my '80s "half price in the end of season sale" (but still pricey) Degré 7 Goretex suit in 4 or 5 shades of pink and purple. When I did throw it out it had given more than a quarter of a century's service. Here is my son in it, April 2005.
latest report
pam w, if mine were that colour, I assure you I would not still be wearing it! But I'm sure you looked lovely in it, as does your son. Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Why do we have to be hostage to fashion Puzzled
We are compelled to wear 2 piece outfits which allow the snow to get everywhere in the event of a powder wipe out. Puzzled
Why wear camoflage or drab colours - been seen is safer Confused
snow conditions
pam w, I bought a Degré 7 suit for 'Fartbag Day' at the EoSB, & I really like it - I think I'll be skiing in it again in the coming season Very Happy Especially in cold weather - I was absolutely baking in the April sunshine! I am, however, far from a hostage to fashion (as those who've seen me will know Laughing ).
snow conditions
Quote:

They're had ski gear

People in glass houses, papasmurf....... NehNeh
ski holidays
Jo225, I liked my farbag too Embarassed
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy