Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Is 1 degree edge angle wrong ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
The reason I ask this question is that when I was skiing in Sauze, I took the opportunity to buy some maintenance tools from a local ski shop and the one I bought from was Besson Sport.

I bought an acrylic and steel scraper, can't go wrong there, but when buying the metal edge guide for use with a diamond plate, I was faced with the choice of 1,2 or 3 degree angle. I have read up on this and thought that most were 3 degree, BUT the guy in the shop who did the maintenance told me that most skis were done at 1 and only race skis were done at 3.He seemed quite sure about this.

I bought a 1 degree. Should I have bought a 3 ?

By the way, a set of 3 big diamond sharpening plates, red, yellow and blue £2.99 at Lidl, bargain !

Should add that my skis are Fischer AMC 76
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Depends entirely what ski you have and who it was made by. I use Fischer RX8's which are a 3 degree edge angle, but it's fair to say that the majority are 1 or 2 degree. The default 'service' you seem to get in Europe is 1 degree unless you actually specify what you want. Jon's website is full of useful info, but here's a link to lookup the data for your ski manufacturer http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/content/view/31/41/

Cheers
Ian
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bernie, I've recently base prepped a new pair of AMC76's & the factory set-up was 1,3 so you need a 3 degree side edge guide.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Good job that it wasn't expensive !

Will buy a "3" next trip.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
bernie, you can buy them over here. They aren't too dear.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Any links ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bernie wrote:
Any links ?

rolling eyes

http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.browse/category_id,15/Itemid,1/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy