Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My new skis have arrived! - couple of binding questions:

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys,

well, my new Rossi Blings have just arrived from Germany Very Happy - they look amazing in the flesh(/wood) and i can't wait to get my backside to canada later this year...

just a few questions... here is a pic of the bindings...

firstly, they arrived already attached to the skis, and they seem to be in a position which puts the "standard" line in the middle of the two sections of the bindings, this is opposed to the next one forward which is "modern", and finally "addicted"...

i have been skiing for about 4 weeks, tackle most runs i come across (although i may not be the most elegant skier on black runs), and am trying to break into a more freestyle way of skiing, going for every jump i see, trying to do 180's etc, but am not going all out for park stuff.

so basically, is "standard" right for what i am doing?

secondly, and this is just out of interest, these scratch 110 bindings seem very budget compared to ones i have used before, especially when comparing to my mates rossignol radicals (which cost a similar amount), they are screwed onto the skis very noticeably (as you can see in the pic) not something i've seen before and the black things that bring up the brakes seems a wee bit flimsy... so my question is, is this just the style for freestyle bindings, or are these ones just not that good?

(gonna tag on a last one, do bindings like these just literally screw into the skis or is there a plate imbedded or what? are there pre-allocated holes or will the guy who fitted them have had to drill into the ski or whatever?)

now just gotta find someone who sells rossignol scratch boots... NOT an easy task Wink

later!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
SooTyLaD wrote:
Hi guys,

so basically, is "standard" right for what i am doing?

Yes
SooTyLaD wrote:

secondly, and this is just out of interest, these scratch 110 bindings seem very budget compared to ones i have used before, especially when comparing to my mates rossignol radicals (which cost a similar amount), they are screwed onto the skis very noticeably (as you can see in the pic) not something i've seen before and the black things that bring up the brakes seems a wee bit flimsy... so my question is, is this just the style for freestyle bindings, or are these ones just not that good?

They will more than do the job.

SooTyLaD wrote:

(gonna tag on a last one, do bindings like these just literally screw into the skis or is there a plate imbedded or what? are there pre-allocated holes or will the guy who fitted them have had to drill into the ski or whatever?)

Screw straight into the ski via some pilot holes drilled by the shop.

You should get them finally adjusted at a shop, DIN setting, course lenght adjustment, and forward pressure.

[/quote]
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bindings will be fine Very Happy

take a look on the rossignol website.... they are the bindings that come with the ski from the factory.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
agree with jbob, and shoogly, they will be fine..... I guess just so many skis come with plates now that people aren't used to seeing bindings screwed straight onto the ski anymore but it certainly used to be the norm - I didn't ever have skis with plates before I started buying slalom skis. Look like a decent standard set of bindings to me Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dedicated park skis are mounted in the centre of the ski to help balance and rotation.

However, if they are your only set I wouldn't get them done this way. It just makes the ski awful everywhere else on the mountain.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
so is it up to the binding fitter to determine where the holes must go for an accurate fitting or do rossignol supply accurate pilot holes? (i only ask since mine look a bit off center but it could be an optical illusion due to the patter...)

the more i look at em though... the more i love em!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
SooTyLaD, Where skis are mounted directly to the ski a rossignol jig would normally be used to give accurate positioning
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The shop would have a rossingol/look jig to fit them. It's not prescision to-within-100th-of-a-micron NASA engineering and any very minor misalignment will be wholly unnoticable.

I do rather like those bases. Very chic.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can't decide if they look ultra-retro or super modern Very Happy either way yeah they are tasty Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The straight into the ski design is to give more flex to your ski
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Nice looking skis SooTyLaD + I like the "Wood Core" Sticker - just in case you missed the wood I suppose Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
that aint a sticker mate is part of the kickass design Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
what do you think the biggest difference i'll notice will be going from some entry level rossi's to these blings? (and also going from a piste ski to a freestyle?) - will it initially be easier/harder to turn? less/more stable?

can't wait to find out myself but what do you reckon out of interest?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Spikyhedgehog wrote:
Dedicated park skis are mounted in the centre of the ski to help balance and rotation.

However, if they are your only set I wouldn't get them done this way. It just makes the ski awful everywhere else on the mountain.

So it seems that your skis arn't meant to be centred as you will use them mainly outside the park. Maybe the addicted binding is directly centre. I think the guy in Germany would have mounted them correctly for your use. If not it is always possible to redrill holes and mount bindigns for mroe park use. This can easily be done and shouldnt cause a problem to the skis integrity.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy